What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I started shaking my head when I started reading your thread “what is Matt doing?” After seeing the finished project I’m impressed! Looks good! Nice job.
Thanks! I think once it’s all dried I may give it one more coat to blend it a bit better. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it though!

Definitely recommend ha.

tlrmade

Reaction score

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't do anything today but this weekend I'm gonna be tracking down the cause of a sunroof leak.

200.gif

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ive always been a fan of more meaty tire with a 18inch wheel.....but I will say after seeing these pictures and seeing youre running a 20" wheel it has me second guessing. Looks very nice! Any lift front or rear? What are the wheel specs? Thank you!
Just leveled. I bought the truck with the wheels. I'd sell em to ya! ;) Not exactly sure on the size.... 20x10 probably. 35x12.50 tires.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yo @Old-Raptor-guy Is that the Lace Curtain outside of Delta?
I will neither confirm nor deny that it is or isn't. Here is why, please excuse my rant so to speak.

This world seems to get smaller everyday, And the places I can go to get a short reprieve from the world seem to be fewer and fewer.
I know most people are good people and most do not have bad intentions but there are unintended consequences by making such places well known, and these consequences are well documented in other instances. It is know as the "Instagram effect", when an obscure place becomes popular from internet post and then becomes inundated with and trashed by people.

Just like telling everyone where you caught the big fish and then when you go back there are no fish.

I am not trying to be rude, I thought all night how I could answer the question and not just walk away from it ( I hate unanswered questions).

The 350 miles of trails that were just closed in Moab were closed because the were "over" Loved or Loved to death (at least that is my understanding) I was going to Moab with my parents in the 70's before Moab was world known.

I encourage everyone (with a Raptor) to get out and explorer the world, I am not saying the western USA is MINE (but really it is, hahaha). Here is what I do.

I first "explore" on google earth, actual paper maps, recreation web sites, BLM and other government websites, and off road apps for something unique that I have never seen before and that 99.99999% of the worlds population has not seen or heard of before. I don't get the thrill of doing something that everyone else has done. My brother has been to the Eiffel tower, and that is cool for him but so have 5 billion others. (he travels a lot and he thinks I am crazy for what I do and I will say the same right back at him).

Once I find a place I plan a trip.

2ish years ago I found a place on BLM land that is closed to people 1/2 the year. When it is open you have to fill out a request with the BLM to access, and if approved you must get the key to the gate from the BLM office 150 miles away (from the location, 50 miles from my home) the request basically just says you won't destroy anything, you will leave everything as you found it. When I requested they had to "find" the key. When I returned the key I asked how many people go a year and I was told 20-30 people ( when you request access you have to list everyone's name, group must be at least 4 people for safety reasons and no more than 12 people). He said they give out the key 3-4 times a year.

Having been there the place could NOT handle any more popularity, and would get destroyed if more than 100 people a year visited.

Now if someone PM's me I might give them hints privately, if I feel they have the same intentions as myself. And if you are a bigger "player" here on FRF and PM me that you will be visiting in my area I would most likely take you to some of my favorite places.

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will admit I also use YouTube on occasion, but not to be a hypocrite I look for unquie off the beaten path stuff. Stuff that requires a raptor or a jeep. At least an F150 with the raptor fuel tank (extended range package). 150 miles between gas stations keeps alot of people from "going". When I talk to my friends like I did Monday they always ask.

"How many people did you see" I always hope to say "none" but I do see others from time to time.

When I say "none" they always ask "what if you break down". Fear drives people.