What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of deleting the tail pipes. Is there any reason that I couldn't do the same but just further up after it comes out of the muffler? I don't want to cut and there is a joint right after the muffler where the pipes go from three back to two. Just clamp on the turn downs there? Also, in CA, would this be a problem every time I have to get smog checked?

I’m in NY so I have no input on Cali smog rules. But I had my previous truck cut above the rear axle and had no issues with NY inspection. The only issue I could think of with cutting right above the axle with turndowns is all the exhaust gases getting shot right onto the axle & differential. But other more experienced raptor owners might have more input.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like the idea of deleting the tail pipes. Is there any reason that I couldn't do the same but just further up after it comes out of the muffler? I don't want to cut and there is a joint right after the muffler where the pipes go from three back to two. Just clamp on the turn downs there? Also, in CA, would this be a problem every time I have to get smog checked?

View attachment 447304
Heres how I did mine with ym RPG rear. Waiting on KHC to send me some high clearance exhaust tips

IMG_1611.jpegIMG_1610.jpeg

MikeyP87

Reaction score
This wouldn't affect anything for CA smog. You're not touching the cats, and they don't use the sniffer any more; just plug into the computer. Side note, CARB can suck it. Love living here but hate every part of the CA government.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think that cutting them that short would increase drone and raise the pitch of the already awful exhaust noise. Both no bueno.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great color and pic! I recal'd my shocks after I added RPG 3" collars. I couldn't tell a difference though. Still rides great.