What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn… you hardcore…. Made it heavier
Trying to build up my right arm strength by making that console lid even heavier than it already is. :D

I did use four Nickels to preload the springs but that only made the lid stay open before adding the MOLLE panel. The mechanism that assists the lid in staying open needs a serious rethink by Ford.

rgz

Reaction score
Haven't been able to put too many miles on them but right off the bat you will notice they are heavier, especially coming off of the oem ko2s, however it's not as drastic as I would have thought. Definitely feel more road imperfections (slightly) but Discount set them to 38 psi so I'll probably bring them down 3-5 psi to see if I can feel a difference. Obviously most tires will feel pretty good when they're new so we'll see how they hold up in the long run. I'll be heading up to the mountains this weekend where we're expected to get a bunch of snow so I'm definitely curious to see how they perform. I typically spring for a 3peak snowflake rated tire since I'm in Colorado but at $404 a tire, I thought I'd give these a shot.

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the COBB Air Intake and Radiator Shroud installed and in the process managed to drop the screw holding the air inlet into the endless void that is the engine compartment never to be seen again (unless it turns up in one of my wheels :mad:). Went to get one from the Ford parts department and of course it’s not in stock. Otherwise the install process for both items went smoothly. Also remembered that I had gotten a MOLLE panel from BuiltRight to go on the underside of the lid to the center console for Christmas. So that was installed along with ESI Tailgate seal.

Time to sit back, enjoy an adult beverage and admire the work done this week.

View attachment 443858
this rack is pretty cool!

scottybs

Reaction score
Trying to build up my right arm strength by making that console lid even heavier than it already is. :D

I did use four Nickels to preload the springs but that only made the lid stay open before adding the MOLLE panel. The mechanism that assists the lid in staying open needs a serious rethink by Ford.
In all seriousness, I wish Ford did away with the foldout workbench console in the Raptor. Just my $.02

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I wish Ford did away with the foldout workbench console in the Raptor. Just my $.02
Understand. I have mixed feelings about it. I’ve used the work surface and found it useful but given the weight and that you have to have the vehicle parked to use it, it’s limited in its usefulness. So it wouldn’t bother me if it wasn’t there.

Pnwrider

Reaction score
Opened the hood for the first time to install a catch can. Found random tape left all over the place from the factory including on a wire they left untucked and fender liner hanging down.

Attachments

• IMG_5937.jpeg
    IMG_5937.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5939.jpeg
    IMG_5939.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5943.jpeg
    IMG_5943.jpeg