What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
Headlights and cowl induction gave it away. Very nice ride and a perfect car for Florida. Enjoy the heck out of it. Had a friend in HS who had one. Probably wishes he still had it. :D
I bet. It’s a fun little weekend car for us now. They hold up so well.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at K02 prices for when the times comes and they were $1647 shipped from Tirerack to me. Then comes the headache of getting them mounted and balanced. I decided to see if there were any bargain take-offs around locally. I was specifically looking for the OEM forged beadlock wheels staying with 35". I have always liked those wheels and figured they would be a nice replacement for my poverty spec cast wheels that I secretly kinda like.

I found a few sets within a couple hundred miles and all seemed overpriced for my frugal (read: cheap) budget. New wheels and tires are most certainly not even close to a need right now, so I began my usual lowballing tactics with the seasonally appropriate crying poor excuses. "It's just so close to Christmas that I should really hold off....I'm trying to keep the lights on....the kids need shoes and it's been years since they've had jackets....etc". Whatever it takes. It's possible I'm exaggerating a bit here, but you get the idea.

I found a set I liked within 100 miles off a 2023. The date codes match the story. Negotiations were slow at first, just the way I intended. I'd take a day or two off without responding......he's falling right into my trap. We agreed on a price that was considerably lower than me replacing tires on my truck and laughably beneath his asking price. He said they have 1k miles on them and I have no reason to think otherwise since my tread depth gauge was maxed out. Unless I don't know how to read it, which is entirely possible. Either way, there is a good deal more depth at +14/32nds on these than my current tires.

I just got them home and cleaned them up a bit since they were dusty and I'm bored. So, without further ado, I present to you....................unmounted OEM wheels you've seen a thousand times.

temp-Imagexf-LTCb.jpg

temp-Imagen6-KJje.jpg

tempImageV0eQoj.jpg

temp-Image-UHhdib.jpg

Last edited:

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at K02 prices for when the times comes and they were $1647 shipped from Tirerack to me. Then comes the headache of getting them mounted and balanced. I decided to see if there were any bargain take-offs around locally. I was specifically looking for the OEM forged beadlock wheels staying with 35". I have always liked those wheels and figured they would be a nice replacement for my poverty spec cast wheels that I secretly kinda like.

I found a few sets within a couple hundred miles and all seemed overpriced for my frugal (read: cheap) budget. New wheels and tires are most certainly not even close to a need right now, so I began my usual lowballing tactics with the seasonal appropriate crying poor excuses. "It's just so close to Christmas that I should really hold off....I'm trying to keep the lights on....the kids need shoes and it's been years since they've had jackets....etc". Whatever it takes. It's possible I'm exaggerating a bit here, but you get the idea.

I found a set I liked within 100 miles off a 2023. The date codes match the story. Negotiations were slow at first, just the way I intended. I'd take a day or two off without responding......he's falling right into my trap. We agreed on a price that was considerably lower than me replacing tires on my truck and laughably beneath his asking price. He said they have 1k miles on them and I have no reason to think otherwise since my tread depth gauge was maxed out. Unless I don't know how to read it, which is entirely possible. Either way, there is a good deal more depth at +14/32nds on these than my current tires.

I just got them home and cleaned them up a bit since they were dusty and I'm bored. So, without further ado, I present to you....................unmounted OEM wheels you've seen a thousand times.

View attachment 435064

View attachment 435068

View attachment 435069

View attachment 435067

If they have TPMS still installed, it should be an easy swap out. I bought a complete set off a '23 (I also have a '23) and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to program/relearn the TPMS when I swapped them out in my driveway.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they have TPMS still installed, it should be an easy swap out. I bought a complete set off a '23 (I also have a '23) and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to program/relearn the TPMS when I swapped them out in my driveway.
yup! TPMS and lug nuts (that I dont need) were included.

thanks!

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I found a few sets within a couple hundred miles and all seemed overpriced for my frugal (read: cheap) budget. New wheels and tires are most certainly not even close to a need right now, so I began my usual lowballing tactics with the seasonally appropriate crying poor excuses. "It's just so close to Christmas that I should really hold off....I'm trying to keep the lights on....the kids need shoes and it's been years since they've had jackets....etc". Whatever it takes. It's possible I'm exaggerating a bit here, but you get the idea.

View attachment 435064

View attachment 435068

View attachment 435069

View attachment 435067
I skimmed because my attention span is not so good (Squirrel) congrats!