What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does. Prepping the surface is key. Also, it's not as easy as other parts of the truck where they can have pre-cut ppf and just apply it. It does take some knowledge but it's doable. There are videos online of others that have done it. Maybe you can go back and show your ppf guy.

To me it was a must to have those with ppf. Coming from a Tacoma that had similar fenders (material and color), after a couple of years they looked rough even though I try to stay on top of protecting them.
I went off-roading a few weeks ago and have a nice deep scratch on my passenger side rear fender flare :(

northlaker

Reaction score
This looks great. I see they have an exception for trucks with the 2.0Kw Pro Power package. I'm going to have to see what they can do as an alternative. Thanks for the link.
I exchanged some emails with them today. If you want to keep it all behind the rear seat, they can do a JL 10TW3 with a JL amp. If you want more than that, like a larger sub or twins, they'd have to mount the amp under front seat.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a couple of successes and one bullet dodged this week. The dodged bullet was an attempt to install a Mishimoto dual oil catch can on the Raptor. Bottom line is it won’t work due to changes made on the CCV side of the system on the 2022. There’s a summary of things in this thread:

As for the successes, I installed the Builtright panels that I had ordered a while back and was able to get a CargoGlide installed and have to say I’m impressed with both things. The Builtright panels make for better use of the bed space and the CargoGlide certainly makes loading things in and out of the bed a lot easier and I get why @John M BUNMAN sings both products praises.

The CargoGlide isn’t for everyone as it does eat into the space between the bed deck and a tonneau cover (in my case a DiamondBack). I went with the 1,000 lb load capacity 100% extension version which raises the effective bed deck by 6 inches (My understanding is the 70% extension model only raises the effective bed deck by 4 inches but would make getting to things harder). So with the cover, I’m left with just shy of 16 inches between the CargoGlide deck and the bottom of the DiamondBack (I.e. top of the bed rails). Enough space for a cooler and/or those yellow topped totes. The unit gives you four feet of width to work with for loading. Here’s some photos:

IMG_9422.jpegIMG_9418.jpegIMG_9430.jpegIMG_9419.jpeg