What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My PPF guy said PPF won't stick to the fenders or front plastic pieces
Willing to bet cha this sh++ will...get the clear kind though. Lmao

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont think the problem was sticking to it, I think is was likely to remove the paint during removal since it is a plastic part. No experience with this just what my PPF tech said.
Agreed. There are some posts that show the paint on the fenders peeling off with no PPF so I'm pretty sure PPF will end up lifting if the surface wasn't sanded before applying.

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It does. Prepping the surface is key. Also, it's not as easy as other parts of the truck where they can have pre-cut ppf and just apply it. It does take some knowledge but it's doable. There are videos online of others that have done it. Maybe you can go back and show your ppf guy.

To me it was a must to have those with ppf. Coming from a Tacoma that had similar fenders (material and color), after a couple of years they looked rough even though I try to stay on top of protecting them.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I dont think the problem was sticking to it, I think is was likely to remove the paint during removal since it is a plastic part. No experience with this just what my PPF tech said.

PPF can be applied but they usually have to prep the surface first by sanding it down first. Pain in the butt to do correctly.
My PPF guy was smoking some good stuff when he covered HALF of my front flares and forgot the rear instead of doing all four fully. That said, he had to peel off the half-portion and then polished the flares, reapplied correctly, and it's perfectly fine.

Had the door handles did, and the dude prints out four front handles instead of two front and two rear, so now my rear door handle PPF layer has holes for the lock button... ‍ I swear. Dude does phenomenal work, but he's a bit scatterbrained.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that a custom box for your 21'? I'm looking into the SGS stealth option but this looks pretty bad ass too.
Thanks for asking. As for the box being custom…yes, they are made to order. I bought it from MTI Acoustics; here’s the link…

You can do a half-length box as well if you only prefer 1 sub, 10” or 13.5”. I didn’t see SGS’s stealth option when I got this…I think they were building it at the time. Even still, I prefer having a pair of 10” subs vs a pair of 6x9s anyway. That’s just me, ymmv. The 6x9 pair may work for you. Either way, it’ll be a big leap over stock. Have any more questions, I’d be happy to answer. Just shoot me a PM.