What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the rear seat release from BuiltRight Industries Rear Seat Release. Such a rebel, I know. I was going to install the Seat Back Tech Plate Molle Kit - but that was a little too much tacticool for me.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Foutz light bar for Gen 3.
The only video I found on YouTube for removing the bumper wasn’t much help as far as what wires needed unhooked.
The one photo shows the three you need to disconnect, the small one is the CAC shutter motor wire, the other small one is just under the grill more to drivers side and the big on is attached to frame horn on passenger side.
It’s a bit of a job by yourself but is doable. Now to figure out what lights to mount.
BTY, I called Foutz customer service to see if the bar came with instructions, the rep” assured” me it came with instructions… it did not. Customer service is just crap anymore. I could tell from their attitude when I called them that I wasn’t getting instructions, which is fine, I’ll figure it out, but don’t tell me it does when it doesn’t. And anyone from Foutz that reads this, it’s ok, I figured out where the two spacers went.

Attachments

• 20230704_114735.jpeg
    20230704_114735.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 77

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the triple fog light kit from specialty performance parts. John T has great videos on youtube that show install and this is my 2nd time doing it, as i had the same setup on my 2021. Since fog light and aux 1 connections are down by the fog lights, i just did my setup like this....
Aux 2- Amber
Aux 3- inners
Aux 4- middles
Aux 5-outters

Inner is radiance, middle is radiance, outter is scene

Fun time, easy enough and looks great

Attachments

• 20230704_130223.jpg
    20230704_130223.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 61

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed the triple fog light kit from specialty performance parts. John T has great videos on youtube that show install and this is my 2nd time doing it, as i had the same setup on my 2021. Since fog light and aux 1 connections are down by the fog lights, i just did my setup like this....
Aux 2- Amber
Aux 3- inners
Aux 4- middles
Aux 5-outters

With the original fogs removed, you could have purchased SVC’s fog relocation harness to have your fog and Aux 1 wires moved behind the battery…all connections in one spot. Makes things much easier IMO. Looks good though.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aux 2- Amber
Aux 3- inners
Aux 4- middles
Aux 5-outters

With the original fogs removed, you could have purchased SVC’s fog relocation harness to have your fog and Aux 1 wires moved behind the battery…all connections in one spot. Makes things much easier IMO. Looks good though.
Exactly my line of thinking. You can also get the connection into the front amber lights and have them on all the time to free up a switch if you ever need another one. I have my triple-fog kit split up with the outer scene on AUX1 and the middle and inner scenes on AUX2. I plan one of these days to take 30 seconds and unhook from AUX1 and feed it into the fog switch, move AUX2 to AUX1, and free up a spot for something else down the road. Just keep in mind anyone reading this, that you must be sure you're using a correct AUX switch and it's listed amperage rating for whatever accessory you're running!

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly my line of thinking. You can also get the connection into the front amber lights and have them on all the time to free up a switch if you ever need another one. I have my triple-fog kit split up with the outer scene on AUX1 and the middle and inner scenes on AUX2. I plan one of these days to take 30 seconds and unhook from AUX1 and feed it into the fog switch, move AUX2 to AUX1, and free up a spot for something else down the road. Just keep in mind anyone reading this, that you must be sure you're using a correct AUX switch and it's listed amperage rating for whatever accessory you're running!
Good point on the front marker lights. I did exactly that.