What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't air down. I've been on that beach in 6 different vehicles and never needed to. Felt like I was always having to lay heavy on the pedal to get it to move when in baja mode. Can't say it was a big sample size but I felt more confident in offroad mode.
I was also wondering why you don't like baja mode , for me and my use , RPM is too high, so, I use baja mode in manual and it become perfect , but it doesnt matter...
I think , for just moove the Raptor on the beach, sand/snow mode is better ,I guess...But no doubt, if you use Baja mode as it should , you won't have any difficulties to moove the truck. To conclude, is baja mode is only interesting under more or less high speed !

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the dealer install this on the front differential to go with the one on the rear:
Unlike the rear cover, it’s overkill for where it is located but wanted to have a drain plug for the fluid. Whether it will have any other benefits remains to be seen but anything is better than the stamped steel OEM part. Of note, the installation is not easy and involves moving the rack and pinion and steering shaft. Thank goodness for the Ford Points I had stock piled. :oops: :D