What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't air down. I've been on that beach in 6 different vehicles and never needed to. Felt like I was always having to lay heavy on the pedal to get it to move when in baja mode. Can't say it was a big sample size but I felt more confident in offroad mode.
If the gen 2/3 is anything like the gen 1’s.

Offroad mode changes the throttle mapping to 1:1. That would be why you felt like you had to push the pedal further to get the same result. I personally prefer that throttle mapping for anything but a daily driving scenario.

Warpath

Reaction score
Installed Eibach springs on my 19 SCAB. I had an appt for the 24th to have a shop do it, I was Leary of compressing the new springs, but thanks to a post from here I decided I could pull it off with two sets of spring compressors. The wife says she don’t like it, now her 2023 looks” wimpy”. I ordered Method 704’s today. Going with 35in Nitto Trail Grapplers.
I took it out for a spin after installing springs, I’m happy. I went from a Porsche to a Raptor, the 80’s Lincoln Continental ride through the curves was a little disconcerting, much better now and didn’t seem to make much difference on the neighborhood speed bumps.Undecided what I’ll do after wheels and tires, bumpers and lights are costly, you’d think I’d be ok with it after having a Porsche for 4 yrs. I’m liking the ADD bolt on Pro bumper. Really undecided if I like the chase rack look or not. I did my own Toyota Pre Runner Hylux back in the early 90, I fabbed my own bumpers and bed mount spare tire carrier, but I had a lot more energy back then.
Funny looking 3rd gen. :) I did the same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter