What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be par for the course as soon as I pay off my Raptor, I'd have a problem with something that needs to be fixed. So, I dropped it off at the dealership to have the HVAC blower motor and the 4x4 system looked at. All of a sudden the blower motor sounded like it was way out of balance and was about to grenade itself. The AC was still blowing ice cold so no problems there.

Also I was getting some intermittent scraping noise in the front and could feel a slight buzzing feedback in the steering whenever I would take my foot off the gas pedal. Under acceleration or steady speed, no buzzing or scraping. I figure it is a vacuum line issue or the IWEs are going bad.

When I purchased the Raptor in September, 2021 from CarMax, I got their 5yr/75,000 mile warranty, so I'm good there. I only have 64,400 miles. They just have to diagnose and contact the Carmax Warranty guys.

While it is in the shop, I'm gonna have the Ford Dealership do the front and rear differential, and transmission fluids.

Other than those minor issues, the Raptor is solid and I've been enjoying every mile driven. I plan on keeping this truck at least until they take my drivers license away.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
It would be par for the course as soon as I pay off my Raptor, I'd have a problem with something that needs to be fixed. So, I dropped it off at the dealership to have the HVAC blower motor and the 4x4 system looked at. All of a sudden the blower motor sounded like it was way out of balance and was about to grenade itself. The AC was still blowing ice cold so no problems there.

Also I was getting some intermittent scraping noise in the front and could feel a slight buzzing feedback in the steering whenever I would take my foot off the gas pedal. Under acceleration or steady speed, no buzzing or scraping. I figure it is a vacuum line issue or the IWEs are going bad.

When I purchased the Raptor in September, 2021 from CarMax, I got their 5yr/75,000 mile warranty, so I'm good there. I only have 64,400 miles. They just have to diagnose and contact the Carmax Warranty guys.

While it is in the shop, I'm gonna have the Ford Dealership do the front and rear differential, and transmission fluids.

Other than those minor issues, the Raptor is solid and I've been enjoying every mile driven. I plan on keeping this truck at least until they take my drivers license away.
There were some write ups here about a piece of the blend door actuator breaking and falling into the blower fan making one heck of a racket and vibration. I believe there was also a YouTube video included in one of the writeups showing how to get it out without tearing the whole dash out, which is what the dealers do.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were some write ups here about a piece of the blend door actuator breaking and falling into the blower fan making one heck of a racket and vibration. I believe there was also a YouTube video included in one of the writeups showing how to get it out without tearing the whole dash out, which is what the dealers do.
It's certainly out of balance the type of racket it's making and the way it's shaking. The whole truck was shaking.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the fan motor , dump out the broken recirc door piece and reinstall fan motor..... done.
Mine did this 2 years ago .
Lots of youtube videos about it.
I'm leaving mine until I decide to replace heater core and all the actuator motors in one shot.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you get the damn thing out, then its easy.
Yeah, this was the original one, and it had never been pulled before. So naturally, the seal split and became stuck on the half shaft from the diff.

I had to locate that seal locally, and then it was a pain to remove the original one entirely.

I bought extras of everything because the passenger side is on watch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalerg