GEN 2 what CB Radio / Antenna / Radio Mount are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildClyde

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow pretty hardcore! :)

The iPad mini runs an app called MotionX-GPSHD. You can download terrain maps for any area that you want to explore (the iPad's 128GB memory limits how much data you can download but I haven't had an issue so far). Why pre-trip download? Where I travel cell site access is sketchy to none.

I have a terrain map with 472 tiles covering an area in the High Sierras of about 70 square miles that takes up 11.1MB. Think old logging roads at 9000'. ;-)

I have added the Baja/So Cal VHF channels to the iCOM radio but I have not been down to Baja yet. The channels that I programmed are in an Excel spreadsheet in four "banks":
A: So Cal #1
B: So Cal #2
C: GMRS/FRS
D: Local public safety

I uploaded the spreadsheet to http://www.azebra.com/Raptor/ICOM_Presets.xlsx.

How do you program an iCOM radio? There is a Windows app called IC-208 Programmer that is fairly easy to use.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing... Now if only they had pics of it on a 2017 Raptor.

It's just a replacement for the third breaklight bracket with an antenna mount built in. Photos would be cool but you could always imagine an antenna sticking out of your break light.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CB:
00vULGZp0GfvJcpKoesHamOTtZ6PTRV31Nr4sK_MxsqKl3DCTk.jpg

_T0_Dv--gJMddli4khWkUKeTwWQFUnmPTWbGKn-16bEMy6xv7pU6ck6TmGQFoP10VjeluNUehE_I-SjKHNThntQx2s60Oud-Bbz8Jm14cFti78C56ZsT7ItGTf0OaLIHlgzVIaBEE8s

GMRS:

3h12IvMc-I1nM5soCvPyedW6bYt92EfRPPNr7g8XI61yEYG_XM.jpg

N0JRit6LKRT7UuyYEc4cPqUO9ThClmcW68SINY4R_x5dbi-rrg.jpg

Mic holder:

uvoNb3s7FiSXhhI5rBCwgJy3XLNZUD2O3wcjjqlt5aNRpw_hzU.jpg

All together tucked away:

WCNBgrMXb3FdWaVKfyrUIa5GHTcQ4_OOqiyrK3zF3Nuz592nEE.jpg

Last edited:

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The iPad mini runs an app called MotionX-GPSHD. You can download terrain maps for any area that you want to explore (the iPad's 128GB memory limits how much data you can download but I haven't had an issue so far). Why pre-trip download? Where I travel cell site access is sketchy to none.

I have added the Baja/So Cal VHF channels to the iCOM radio but I have not been down to Baja yet. The channels that I programmed are in an Excel spreadsheet in four "banks":
A: So Cal #1
B: So Cal #2
C: GMRS/FRS
D: Local public safety

Coupla questions for you: Where did you get the Icom radio, and did you get the 'general' version instead of the US version? It looks like the US version won't xmit on the FRS/GMRS frequencies. Any idea (I need to snoop around a bit) if anyone makes a 2m/70cm equivalent? Would be nice to have all 4 (2m/70cm/FRS/GMRS) in a single unit. Currently have 3 separate rigs (dual band amateur, CB, FRS/GMRS) in my Tacoma but would like to cut the clutter down in the Raptor.

That's a helluva spreadsheet you put together!