What bed cover is everybody running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSCrew19

Reaction score
I'll add another vote for the Lomax cover. I just got back from my second multi-day trip to Baja with the Lomax cover, and it came through both just fine. On this latest trip the spare tire I had in the bed came loose and bounced up and down for half an hour before I realized what the noise was. That tire was bouncing against the Lomax cover the entire time, but the cover didn't even budge. The only downside to the Lomax is that the panel closest to the cab doesn't fold up, so it can be challenging to access things with lids under that cover (I keep a couple action packers under there, and they can be a pain to use).

TrevorT

Reaction score
Put in a diamondback HD last night. May be a bit overkill for me, but I got a great deal on it from a coworker. Built like a tank. Also like the accessory storage bins that go under the cover, essentially giving you a tradition tool box.

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gator etx low profile roll up since I need the put my dirt bike in the back and need full access

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a 2020 today and it has the remote controlled retractable. I had a Backflip. It seems like its catching a bit. Wonder if it needs to be cleaned or maintenanced in some manner.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh god, I thought the HD was on the heavy side for the short bed! But thanks for taking the time to write that up, I am pretty much sold on it already but really nice to know it's not terribly inconvenient to remove. Also did not know you could flip the back half onto the front, how does it secure down??
No problem, Sharing info is what makes forums useful!
And I should preface that my HD cover the rear section could be folded over ontop of the front section. Not sure if that was specific to the 8' bed or not? But it would just flip ontop of the other. Can't say if this is still the case and with our 5.5 beds

Honestly I never used it that way other than to test when I first put it on the trucks.
Diamond back did not have a defult way to secure it, however the cleats on the front half would be usable and probably would have thrown a ratchet strap across the top and called it a day. The weight alone probably woulda have kept it secure, but the strap would keep it tight.

planetMalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2020 today and it has the remote controlled retractable. I had a Backflip. It seems like its catching a bit. Wonder if it needs to be cleaned or maintenanced in some manner.
I watched an install video of the PowerTrax. It seems as though even the new ones are catching. It seemed like the motor was struggling a bit to open/close it. I'm curious if anyone has had the power one for a while and can share their experience.