What are you looking for in a Gen 3? (With Survey)

What are the most important features for you to get a Gen 3?

• V8 (supercharged or N/A just as long as it's not a 6 banger!)

Votes: 125 60.7%
  • Scab body type

Votes: 35 17.0%
  • 801A type package

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Hybrid Engine option

Votes: 41 19.9%
  • Big screen display

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • 37" Tire option

Votes: 64 31.1%
  • A price under $80k

Votes: 97 47.1%
  • Bigger gas tank

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • Factory installed light bars

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Factory installed winch

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Starbucks gift card with purchase

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I don't plan on getting a Gen 3 as I love my current raptor too much

Votes: 37 18.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s entirely my fault for derailing this thread.
FordTechOne is just a little too pompous for my liking so I like to drag him down the stupid silly rabbit hole I dig.
And drag anyone else that will follow. I believe it’s the third time I went back and forth in other threads with him.
He’s so pompous and arrogant; it is really easy drag him down that rabbit hole.
Does he really think people don’t understand that a new model needs to have better numbers and improvements?
Otherwise what would be the point of buying new?
Does he really thing people do not understand inflation? It’s not rocket science here.
I should stop egging him on…….nope; I have too much fun thinking about how he froths at the mouth, cracking his knuckles and ponding the key board to post some nicely written posts.

You're totally baiting him with that response and I will ask you guys to refrain from personal attacks on each other as it only dilutes the topic being discussed.

Thank you.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Dodge's TRX does come to market, Ford will have to do something to keep the Raptor King of the road and not just off-roading, Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen3.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could certainly be wrong, but I'm confident Ford won't disappoint with the looks of the Gen 3 either.

I'm sure others will disagree, but assuming that the Raptor uses mostly the same parts as the F150 as it has previously, the two biggest cosmetic areas where differences will be made are with the hood vents and the headlight/foglight/bumper area.

The images people have drawn up of what they think it will look like assumes a single central hood vent, same as the Gen 2. There's not a lot of reason to think this will be the case though. Whatever Ford does, I would guess they want to make sure it's visually disguisable than the Gen 2...more so than the new F150 is from it's previous gen, IMO.

The headlight/foglight/bumper area is a different matter. The Raptor has traditional shared the same headlights as the other trims, but does not come with fog lights. Since the headlights and fog lights are more integrated now, seems like something has to give. Will the Raptor match the F150 and include foglights, will there be a Raptor specific headlight, or will it have the same headlight, and just forgo the foglight even though the light setup will look a bit incomplete?

Many probably don't care either way, as it's purely cosmetic.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes your absolutely right, I didn't fraise that correctly.
I meant out on the street in numbers, basically.

You know damn well they well be pulling into the mall parking lots blasting "My Truck is Bigger than your Truck" song on their radios. LOL

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes your absolutely right, I didn't fraise that correctly.
I meant out on the street in numbers, basically.

You know damn well they well be pulling into the mall parking lots blasting "My Truck is Bigger than your Truck" song on their radios. LOL

Ah ok. And also don’t touch my truck and truck yeah etc etc lmao