What are these tabs for???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:bowroflwerd6: Do the check valves go so often that you should carry a spare? I've seen the issues posted about them, and how they try to partially engage your hubs if they go bad. I never thought about having a spare with me.

How come I can read PENS so easy in YOUR picture? I could have saved myself from looking like the the goofball that I am!

No they don’t all crap out. I clipped my spare there just to be an idiot lol Kind of like keeping a spare coil pack in your VW/Audi glovebox.

Don’t worry I always see the *** in everything. It’s called being a guy haha

Flgator

Reaction score
I’ve never looked under the center console lid... there’s something under there?... runs to check...

edit... what a letdown. I thought an orange glass breaker would be mounted there. Just two lousy clips.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve never looked under the center console lid... there’s something under there?... runs to check...

edit... what a letdown. I thought an orange glass breaker would be mounted there. Just two lousy clips.

They have gotten insanely inexpensive now. The Chinese are knocking them off like crazy. I got 4 for $12 on Amazon and they look to be damn near identical to my old original one. I think I paid $35 apiece when they first came out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QDQ7MJD/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Last edited:

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's 2 tabs/hooks on the bottom side of the center console lid. What the heck are they for? It looks like it's made for a cord to be stretched across for something. I never noticed them until I attached my safety hammer. Mines a '20, I don't know if it's on other Gen 2's.

View attachment 147927
How’d you attach the hammer?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope i would never need to use one, for myself, but would be great to help somebody if they drove into a lake or upside down in a water filled ditch.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How’d you attach the hammer?

I just trimmed a piece of industrial strength velco to the same shape as the mount and stuck it on. Takes 5 minutes if you take your time to be tidy, and it's not going anywhere.

Anybody here ever have to use the safety hammer? I have seen those but never thought I would need it. Just curious.

I did test them out when they first came out in the early 80's. I was a fireman and a safety/rescue diver for a while. We always carried spring loaded automatic center punches (looks like a normal punch but when you press it hard against something you release a spring loaded snap into it) to break windows. Much easier if you are underwater or in a very confined space. The safety hammers break glass VERY easily, does not take much of a pop from it. Even an easy backhand pop will shatter a window. Get one and test it on an annoying neighbors car one night. It makes very little noise! The seat belt cutter likewise works really well if the belt jams on you, or you are trying to help get someone out of a crash. I still always carry a spring loaded punch and a safety hammer in all my cars.

Last edited:

The Real Coolbreeze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have gotten insanely inexpensive now. The Chinese are knocking them off like crazy. I got 4 for $12 on Amazon and they look to be damn near identical to my old original one. I think I paid $35 apiece when they first came out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QDQ7MJD/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Holy crap dude! That's absolutely awesome! I started out thinking that I was just curious about how cheap they were, but when the tag came up with your Amazon Prime account and all I had to do was put in my own address in for shopping I was SUPER impressed.
THANK YOU! I dont post much on here but if that's the expectation for the forum I'm gonna have to step my game! Cheers man!