What are the economics of this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... haven't we all! I bought mine a year ago on April 4th and I'm still not done with adding the goodies... that's the fun for me.

Not bad for 84 months!

not bad for 84 months?

if you need an 84 month loan you have zero business buying a new car

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad for 84 months?

I wasn't commenting on whether or not it was a smart financial decision to finance the car for 84 months... my comment was that 4% is a good rate for 84 months. Just like 1.79% is good for a 36 month loan.

We could have an endless thread on whether or not its smart to pay cash for a car or finance it for 10 years. (But lets not... I think that horse has already been beat.) At the end of the day, its up to each individual on how they want to purchase their car.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to use other people's money for nearly nothing, but that's me, we each have our own thoughts, and it's really none of my business to tell anyone what to buy or how to buy it.

I also like to buy new cars because I don't like the risk involved with buying someone else's problems, again, it's my preference.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad for 84 months?

I certainly don't need an 84 month loan. I could have just paid it off now. I just wanted to take advantage of a deal now, but not be out money until I know what's going on with things in the world these days, jobs, and tax implications related to work and things like that. I have no problem paying a long term loan monthly, or paying it off whenever along the way. Car payments don't really bother me. I haven't had them for years, so was fine getting back into one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk