Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

What are the economics of this?

Discussion in 'Prospective Raptor Owners' started by Pralix, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:15 PM.

1. Pralix

Pralix Member

I am currently in the market for a Raptor. There is a dealer in the Seattle area that has 37 2019s and 16 2020s on their lot. Seriously. I don't understand the thinking that they need to have so many especially the 2019s. They aren't gold and wont appreciate in value. Supposedly they bought up a lot of Raptors from other parts of the country and shipped them here. They aren't exactly selling them at doorbuster prices either.

I am negotiating on a 2019 Raptor that has a sticker for $77k and they are selling for $67K. The dealers around here are holding on to their 2019s price wise like a vice.

Thoughts?

2. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

fly somewhere and drive a new one back. those are way over priced imo. wait a couple more weeks millions of unemployment apps. coming threw pipeline might help your cause. I would look at 2020 models only if I was you. Right now cash is king, they need you a hell of a lot more then you need them.

500mag and Raptor911 like this.
  3. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

At 67k you are right around invoice. But the economy is tanking so I would wait for another 4 to 6 weeks.

4. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

The practice of buying up surrounding inventory is pretty common, its just a strategy to try and hold a better market share. I would wait on it a bit. Or wait until some of these states with statewide stay at home orders come out of quarantine, I bet there will be deals to be made as dealers and salesmen are trying to recover from 14 days of zero income.

5. Matthew Burckhardt

Matthew Burckhardt Member

That's OK my local Ford Dealer still has a $5k market up on the window sticker! They still 18's on the lot, I wonder why lol?

6. Michael Wong

Michael Wong Member

Same situation here Cali. Dealer with close to 40 2019s on the lot and will not budge. The newest excuse that I’ve heard is that Ford will not build 2021 raptors until the Gen3 slated for 2022. Which means the Gen2 will have a premium. Not sure how much truth there is in this but smells like typical dealer BS. At some point these guys will need to move their truck collections.

hj_s14 likes this.
  7. Scott D Robinson

Scott D Robinson Member

Hey, Don't be fooled ! They are used cars with 2020s out. tell them you are doing them a favor buying an old car. You can probably get a better deal on the new ones !!!

hj_s14 likes this.
  8. hj_s14

hj_s14 Full Access Member

LOL, that's what I'm seeing around Socal area too. I don't know why they're hoarding on the trucks. All dealers are open limited hours, lots of sale people are let go, the sale are down. People just don't go out and buy a $70K truck anymore.. or even $40K truck. Everyone is afraid this is probably the biggest recession we'll face since the great recession. YET the dealers are not willing to make a deal to sell which is amazing to me

9. GSXR

GSXR Member

I called no less than 40 dealers before pulling the trigger on my 2020 SCREW. Most are arrogant a**holes who think they have limited editions Porsches or something with their attitudes.
    Ended up getting 4k off sticker and a smooth experience. If you want to travel to the bay area CA I'm sure they'll honor the price again. Also another local dealer is willing to do 5k off sticker in Sacramento. The local one had graphics which I didn't want effectively making it cost more even with the 5k off

hj_s14 likes this.
  10. onthebrake

onthebrake Full Access Member

I agree 100%. I'm in Cali and just talked to a dealer in Texas. They wont budge off sticker. SO I guess I won't pull out my wallet. I'll wait another month and then see if they want to deal then. I'm pretty sure they aren't selling any trucks these days.