What’s Your Maintenance Wash Routine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Heinz

Heinz

Reaction score
You have to paint correct before ceramic coating. Ceramic coating is not some sort of super armor that allows you to be careless. It’s better than standard wax though and lasts for years as opposed to a few months with wax. Me personally I still haven’t gotten around to it.

I will do it this season though. I like the Adam’s graphene coating and will give that a go.
Agreed. The “best” protection for paint would be a paint protection film. But assuming you don’t want to spend $6-10k, ceramic coating is the next best.

As mentioned, a ceramic coating isn’t really protective from scratches. It’s primarily a way to keep your truck cleaner for longer and make it easier to wash. If you’re not willing to spend the time on the prep work, you could just get a good spray sealant and apply every 3-6 months and get ~75% of the performance of a ceramic coating.

01Moch1

Reaction score
Karcher K1700 pressure washer with MTM gun, Cobrajet hose, CR Spotless water de-ionizer

Been shopping on obsessed garage? I just finished up my modest wall mounted set up very similar to yours but I opted to skip the deionizer.

20210418_174655.jpg

You have more patients than me to maintain that much black real estate. Looks good though

OP
OP
Heinz

Heinz

Reaction score
Been shopping on obsessed garage? I just finished up my modest wall mounted set up very similar to yours but I opted to skip the deionizer.

View attachment 167063

You have more patients than me to maintain that much black real estate. Looks good though
Nice setup. Ya, I didn’t buy from OG but pieced together some of the main components he recommeds. I need to get a hose reel and a faucet in the garage.

My previous cars have all been white. Moving to black has been an adjustment, but it does look incredible when it’s clean.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Heinz

Heinz

Reaction score
Depends. Some people will just foam the truck, let it dwell, rinse it off with de-ionized water and blow dry. This doesn't take care of all the dirt and spots, but it's good enough to get the dust off. Keys to success are: 1) De-ionized water (so you don't leave hard water spots), 2) don't towel dry the truck, unless you're ok with scratching/swirl marks caused by rubbing in the dirt that wasn't removed.

I usually foam and then wash like normal. The foam helps lift most of the dirt off so there's less chance of scratching/swirling while washing.

Railroader

Reaction score
I love the idea of the foam cannon! I have used the leaf blower and find it amazing!

What is the combo used in the foam cannon and what is the thought on using a brush/mit to follow up. is it needed?

thanks

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Nevermind... who is concerned about De-ionized water. I suppose I'll just do the bucket and cleaning rag routine still.
Having good water makes things so much easier. Combined with a ph balanced soap I can take my time and not worry about water spots. Rinse the side facing the sun last. I have my garage water line hooked into my water softener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having good water makes things so much easier. Combined with a ph balanced soap I can take my time and not worry about water spots. Rinse the side facing the sun last. I have my garage water line hooked into my water softener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any sort of proof on this vs a bath using regular house water from the tap outside?