What’s Your Maintenance Wash Routine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heinz

Reaction score
F438CD95-9DBC-47C0-A9EA-092A7CF081DF.jpeg ED9CF04E-33B3-4698-ACC9-D39AEF2887C6.jpeg BB0BE0AF-52D6-4F73-9814-72ABCA27B612.jpeg 7C8D29EB-9955-40A2-A754-D4EAE3622260.jpeg Took advantage of some cloudy Southern California weather to get a mid day wash in. Here’s a glimpse into my weekly exterior wash routine.

Truck has CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 Ceramic Coating (will probably paint correct and re-apply this winter)

Karcher K1700 pressure washer with MTM gun, Cobrajet hose, CR Spotless water de-ionizer

Wheels/tires cleaned with Chemical Guys Wheel Cleaner, Speedmaster wheel brush, chenille mitt, small boar hair brush

Foam wash with Adam’s Mega Foam and MTM PF 22.2 foam cannon

2-bucket wash with CarPro Reset shampoo, Microfiber Madness Incredipad XL

Mostly blow dried with Ryobi electric leaf blower, but touched up with Rag Company Gauntlet towel (paint) and Dry Me a River towel (glass). P&S Beadmaker used as drying aid on towel

Chemical Guys VRP diluted 1:1 in spray bottle for tire shine

Process takes about an hour for me, which is about as long as my black truck looks clean afterward, haha.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have c.quartz on mine as well.

foam cannon bath, using water from ionizer, then blow off with metro master blow dryer. I then just micro fiber the windows and call it a day. used to take me 90 minutes or so before the ionizer/cquartz/blower, now can do it in 20 and it looks far better. the ionizer is the shit.

OP
OP
Heinz

Heinz

Reaction score
I have c.quartz on mine as well.

foam cannon bath, using water from ionizer, then blow off with metro master blow dryer. I then just micro fiber the windows and call it a day. used to take me 90 minutes or so before the ionizer/cquartz/blower, now can do it in 20 and it looks far better. the ionizer is the shit.
The water de-ionizer is new for me and I haven’t fully trusted an air dry yet, but sounds like it’s done a good job for you. Glad to hear it.

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbours think I’m an idiot for drying the car with my leaf blower.
The best way to dry the car and get it out of the crevices.

Funny thing, I use a rake to collect the leaves haha

Me too. Got one of the electric ones. Works great to keep off the water spots.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here Adams foam cannon, rinse then leaf blower and micro towel. Then it's Adams detail spray and VTR

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Exterior: Pressure washer, clean wheels, tires, and fender liners with Adam’s wheel and tire cleaner and car shampoo, foam cannon with Adam’s Mega Foam, 2 bucket top to bottom with Adam’s Car Shampoo or Wax and Shine, 2 large drying towels and a Adam’s mini air blaster for nooks and crannies. Finish off with Adam’s detail spray and plush microfiber.

Interior: vacuum, combo of soft brush and microfiber towel and Adam’s Total interior detailer. Finish off with Adam’s Glass cleaner.

if any of the plastics require it I will throw on some VRT or Back to Black.