GEN 1 Wet carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started noticing that I had condensation on the inside of the windshield a few times when the temps where in the mid 60's during the day and in the 30's at night, thought maybe it was a cracked windshield. A couple of days ago I was cleaning out the back seat of my SC and I had a old bucket hat stuck in the drivers side door, I took it out and it seemed damp. So I got to feeling around, and the carpet beside the sill plate was damp to.

Fast forward to yesterday and it rained last night all night, I checked this morning and the carpet is wet, a little further investigation and I noticed water on the backseat under the headrest. I felt the headliner above and it was wet, just on the drivers side. The back window looks to be sealed fine....not really sure. Is it possible that the 3rd brake light is leaking? Was the fix, buy a new one with a new seal, or caulking it?

Thanks
1a6216fa01bcdb4a9292186ac0c19137.jpg

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If someone could do me a favor and check under the 3rd brake light at the top of the rear window, I found this huge gap, just wondering if anyone else had this. Thanks.8b4ff28f157928db3d0f43d4237de0ef.jpg7396fd000fc360e395ede33b1eee8b81.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had my back window replaced and they didnt seal it right. since it didnt rain for over a year in california where i was i didnt notice it until i was in a rain storm in texas. if you have had tgr rear window replaced i would check that first.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had several third brake lights leak over the years. Never on the Raptor but I wouldn't be surprised if that's your problem.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A butyl strip caulk is what I've used in the past. Allows you to reuse when changing bulbs.

wakko0o

Reaction score
You should be good with the RTV. Happened to my 14 and never leaked again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75th Fires

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem. I first thought it was the 3rd brake light as well and I have replaced with several new lights as well as sealing the light off with weatherstripping and butyl rubber.

As it turns out the issue is with the rear window seal. My window has never been replaced either.