Well I couldn't wait for 1000 miles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZinDallas

Reaction score
Got my 2020 SCREW last week and have been driving it everywhere I can think of to gently put on some miles as the manual says to break it in properly...take my daughter to the Starbucks drive thru...run errands for my wife...etc...

Well I'm not the patient type, so with about 500 miles on it I took it out and did what a Raptor was built to do...

Z

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aren't the engines broken in at the factory? i gunned it with like 20 miles on the odometer lol.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good job!!!

Except for going to SB drive thru haha

That won’t hurt it. Keep an eye on the fluid levels during break in and enjoy more.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did 100 miles of off road in the first 1000. Didn't think twice about it. You're not stressing the motor that much.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done. I had mine out with 415 miles on the odometer yesterday. I wasn’t doing any full throttle runs, but I was getting into the boost a bit. I’ll have 750 miles on it by the end of this week. I haven’t been driving it yet because the PPF and ceramic hasn’t been done, dropping it off for those tomorrow.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy dog shit, Batman, you look like my mother when she drives to church on Sunday. Step on that sucker.

J/K. Cool, baby, cool.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other things, like differential, that could possibly benefit from a "break in", but it's not something I focus on. Is there anything in the Manual about it? If not, then no worries.

Have fun with the truck!

MTNMAN

Reaction score
Funny... my dealer told me to punch the Sh%t out of it for the first 5k.... 1600 miles in!!! :33: