Weird Clicking Noise on start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The Raptor has about 20,000 KM not miles. Ive heard it twice now, when I start the engine, a clicking noise is heard from the interior only; fairly loud and last for maybe 5 seconds. Kinda sounds like its coming from the shifter console or even around the gas and brake petals? Anyone else having the same issue, or any ideas. Im afraid if I bring to the dealership theyll have it for a month.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
if you are using remote start it's some random relay or something clicking and it goes away when you put the key in and hit the brake pedal. Not sure if this is the case for you, but mine does it and it's a bit annoying. If I start it with the key I don't get that though.

OP
OP
HurricaneJonnie
Reaction score
I realized its my fan, If I turn the key to the on position without starting the engine - the fan clicks if the climate control is turned on.. If I turn off the power to the climate control; the clicking stops. ******, but Ill have to take it in to see if they can fix it

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm... maybe I'll make a recording of mine. Not sure if it always does it or if it is when I use remote start but it sounds like some sort of relay...I figured everyone's truck did it. If I remember right...it pulses 3 times.