GEN 1 I need help with this Weird Sound while accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ‘13 6.2 screw as well, got about 135k miles on it and haven’t heard a problem similar to yours. Wish I had some insight to share sooner.
Thank you for sharing the intel, I’m looking into refreshing my coils and wires as well. Didn’t expect them to be that much though.
If it’s not the throttle body and injectors, do you have any idea what else it could possibly be?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply,
I got the MSD coils and wires from SDHQ 546$ , and the OEM spark plugs from the dealership for 85-100$ Dont remember exactly (weird sound cleared and no more coming)

With regards to the throttle body and injectors (for the engine stalling and shutting off problem-which still occurs) I will do it this week, and update you about the prices
Holy crap, my dealer just quoted me $2300 Canadian for those same parts, FFS, I’ve ordered from sdhq before, so thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it!

RxtotheLx

Reaction score
This is a trick for everyone, when there's a weird ticking sound you can't locate, or you cannot quite distinguish where a noise is coming from in the engine bay, you can pin point the exact location by using a 3 foot section of hose.
Hold one end up to your ear, other end move around engine bay close to surfaces to locate the exact location of the noise. Do be mindful of where you put your hose (belts fans ect) It becomes super obvious when you pass over the location of the sound.