WAX for clear coat??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you all think is the best wax or paint protection product on the market for my Raptor? Some have said McGuires (sp?) Also from those of you who may know, what about a clay bar and how does that work?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good question. I'd like to know as well.

I take my Magnum to a professional detailer. Was thinking when I get back from the desert run later this month, I'll take the Raptor to him and let him work his magic. I'll be sure to report back whatever he says/recommends.

Look forward to reading what others recommend too!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have always liked Zaino Bros. stuff. Here is their kit that has everything to get you started (including clay bar):
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=2

Here are their instructions for clay bar: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-18

For a new vehicle, it is always recommended to use a clay bar to get all of the rail dust and dirt from transport off of the paint before applying wax.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always liked Zaino Bros. stuff. Here is their kit that has everything to get you started (including clay bar):
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=2

Here are their instructions for clay bar: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-18

For a new vehicle, it is always recommended to use a clay bar to get all of the rail dust and dirt from transport off of the paint before applying wax.

Excellent info Kaiser, Thank you!

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zaino has way overcomplicated for what it does. If you are happy with the results thats great but there are much easier and simpler things to do.

If you would like any tips or questions on detailing feel free to ask. I know a lot about detailing and run a side business (for fun) and detail about 20 vehicles a year.

As for a new vehicle you should clay bar it right after it gets to you. I am a huge fan of Adam's products and if you want they are running a 15% off spring sale. They also just came out with a new window sealant that is awesome. It's about 10x better than Rain-X. Heres a vehicle I polished with Adam's polishes and then finished off with Adam's machine wax/sealant for insane durability for a wax (not their top of the line (in the looks department) paste wax which is amazing also)

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Adam's products.....

I have heard a lot of good things about Adam's and they are big on the G8 forum I belong to. They are big supporters of forums and the crew is pretty helpful. We need to look into getting them on this forum.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Zaino sure has its share of fanatical supporters :) on sites all over the internet.

I sure enjoy watching a professional care for my vehicles :) I don't mind washing and cleaning but I don't like to spend my hours waxing and detailing any more.

TehKing

I'll stuff you all in the crust!
Reaction score
Zaino is a lot like Bose.

Works very well, but over hyped and overpriced for what it is.

:cool:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good things about Adam's and they are big on the G8 forum I belong to. They are big supporters of forums and the crew is pretty helpful. We need to look into getting them on this forum.

Would you like me to inquire with Adam about a sponsorship? I'm quite active on the Adam's forum and am pretty knowledgeable of their product line. How many members are we up to now?