Vision-X Light Options - Opinions Wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've decided on Vision-X lights and even the model lights I want, but I'm not 100% sure of the beam pattern/configuration to choose.

LIGHT 1:
Vision-X Optimus Dual 3" Cubes, 10 watts each x 4 lights (40W total).
Available 10º, 20º, and 60º.
Will be installed in bumper cutouts.
XIL-OE1012FROP_main.jpg

LIGHT 2:
Vision-X 21" Xmitter Prime Xtreme 5W (180W total).
Available in all 10º, all 40º, or 10º/40º hybrid.
Will be installed in lower bumper grille.
XIL-OEB10FRPX3610.jpg

I'm leaning towards getting the 21" bar in all 10º and all four of the cubes in 20º, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe the hybrid bar and a pair of 10º and a pair of 20º cubes? What do you guys think? I may eventually get a pair of Light Cannons on the hood mounts, but for now I'd like to keep those out of the equation.

One main reason for choosing the dual Optimus cubes is because they're dimmable to 50% and I can use them as driving lights on the street without aiming them down too far.

DIMMER:
XIL-PDimmer_1.jpg

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a flood in the cubes (60 degrees)

And then Do a spot on the xmitter this way you have your close range and sides covered by the cubes and your medium
To long range covered by the xmitter bar!

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pat'sRAPTOR - Thanks for the suggestion; that's another option I was thinking about doing.

Raptor911 - Thanks for confirming that... I assumed that was the case, but I wasn't sure. I have an extra pass-through wire because I'm using one of the AUX switches for something in the cab, so I'll just use that wire for the dimmer wire.

ARH1956 - Thanks, I saw your posts and agree that the light from the combo is awesome, but if you had the additional dual cubes in 20º or 60º beam pattern, would you trade the combo light for one with all 10º LEDs? You would essentially be trading 12 of the 40º LEDs (40% of your 36 LEDs) for 10º LEDs. I feel with 12 more 10º LEDs (40% increse) that the long distance range of the bar would be significantly improved and the pair of 20º/60º cubes in each bumper cutout would make up for the wide beam light lost.

Last edited:

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My opinion? Do the 10/40 mix on the 21" bar, then the Optimus cubes in 20 degree. The Optimus cubes perform best with a 10 degree pattern, so 20 degree would be the most i would push out of those lights. Anything more than that, and you are losing too much light. And they would be drowned out by the 21" bar..

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, James. I was a little worried about the VX cubes @ 60º. I believe I saw a video review of the D2 Duallies where someone had the dual cubes in driving and wide and you could barely tell when he turned on the wide Duallies if the driving and OEM headlights were already on.

Hmmm... the combo you proposed is also one I've thought of, but I've also thought of pretty much every combination possibility available... that's why I started this thread. :)

Focusing only on the VX cubes dimmed to 50% for daily night driving on the street, do you also think a pair at 20º would be best for driving lights?

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, James. I was a little worried about the VX cubes @ 60º. I believe I saw a video review of the D2 Duallies where someone had the dual cubes in driving and wide and you could barely tell when he turned on the wide Duallies if the driving and OEM headlights were already on.

Hmmm... the combo you proposed is also one I've thought of, but I've also thought of pretty much every combination possibility available... that's why I started this thread. :)

Focusing only on the VX cubes dimmed to 50% for daily night driving on the street, do you also think a pair at 20º would be best for driving lights?

Yes, I do. You could arrange them with a pair at 10 degrees and a pair at 20 degrees and that would be pretty optimal, but all of them at 20 degrees would work as well

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rich---send me your addy via PM or the return email I sent you last week and if you want to use the Light Cannons I will send you the brackets I had fabricated--PERFECT FIT..

D

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to derail my own thread, but...

A friend of mine is planning on purchasing the Baja Designs dual 20" Stealth bar kit for the lower grille. I'm just wondering how those will compare to the 20" Vision-X Extreme.

Vision-X: 21" Xmitter Prime Extreme
Thirty-six 5W LEDs (180W total) all 10º pattern

Baja Designs: 20" Stealth x 2
Fourty 4.2W LEDs (168W total) all 10º pattern

If you have an opinion and don't want to post it publicly because of forum vendors or whatever other reason, please PM me.