Viper 5904 Remote Acting WEIRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I had my first one replaced after the screen started getting lines through it. (I've never dropped my old one or my new one.) Look at the pics and tell Me what you think is wrong.... The clock is messed up and I can't set it past 3...
eve8a6u8.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Still need some tips, Otherwise I'll head up to the viper dealer I purchased the system from

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately i have not seen this problem before. what happens when you scroll through the menus? is there a blank spot there?

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
unfortunately i have not seen this problem before. what happens when you scroll through the menus? is there a blank spot there?

When I set the clock and scroll through the settings, it always stops at 3. For example I start out at:
00:00 am
It will go
00:01, 00:02, 00:03 press it once more and it goes back to 00:00....
Same thing with all the other places. For example once it gets to 03:03 it skips directly to 03:10 then 03:11 03:12, 03:13, then to 03:20.

Once it gets to where it decides to change to 4:00, at 03:33, it goes to 00:00 and sometimes it will add another ":" somewhere.... like 0: 0:00.
I Have no idea, I just had one warranty replaced 2 weeks ago, never been dropped or abused... always charged safely... the other one had black lines starting to go through the screen... Took viper 2 months to replace it. -.- any suggestions Noah?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a replacement shouldnt take 2 months. it should take 2 days. i would ask for an advanced exchange on the remote.

you can try draining the battery completely and then let it fully charge. it may reset itself once all residual power in the caps have dissapated.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
a replacement shouldnt take 2 months. it should take 2 days. i would ask for an advanced exchange on the remote.

you can try draining the battery completely and then let it fully charge. it may reset itself once all residual power in the caps have dissapated.

That's a good idea! I'll let it drain down until saturday, hopefully it will die by then. How can I get it to drain faster?