vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have small vibrations at higher speeds? I feel like when I hit 70-80 mph, I feel a little wheel vibration. Not sure if it's the tires or something else. I had the tires all re-balanced.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Year and miles will really help us help you.

With that said, I have a small vibration also. I'm sure it's the big 37s that are hard to balance. Hard to tell the severity of your vibration using only words on the internet. Remember, this is an off road truck not some Honda.

OP
OP
sf2360

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 raptor R with 582 miles. Just traded in my 2023 37 and didn't feel the vibration in that truck.

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't feel any vibrations in my R.

do you feel it in the gas pedal or just in the steering wheel?

boredm

Reaction score
Anyone have any light to shed on this ?
I have been battling this for 2 months.
I have Toyo mts on an R and have had 3 different shops balance and verify road force for a total of 6 times.
I am convinced it is not the tires.

Vibration at 74-86 mph

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive 87 mph…. IDK, having driven trucks with some manner of mud tire for nearly 50 years ( Yikes I’m old!), I’ve determined it’s just how it is sometimes. As far as a small vibration, the “ Death Wobble” is a different situation. Good luck with resolution.

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a very small vibration in the steering wheel above 70mph. I just figured it was the tires with them being off-road tires. I will monitor it to see if it gets worse.
'23 R with 1600 miles.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up until a few short years ago installing 37 in tires on any truck involved quite a bit of suspension modification and likely some body trimming. Nowadays a 37 has become the new 35, or at least on Ford vehicles. It’s safe to say that until recently manufactures were not selling tons of 37in tires. Possibly they don’t have the process as refined for larger tires. A 37in tire on a 17in wheel is a lot of mass, probably is difficult to balance perfectly.

boredm

Reaction score
Im just not convinced its the tires BUT I'm to the point of trying a different tire just to make certain.
Obviously something less aggressive
Toyo Open Country R/T
or
Nitto Ridge Grappler
both are still an 8 ply tire

I already sold the stock tires, otherwise Id just swap them to check