GEN 2 VHF radio mounting (looks factory!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To date I’ve made 5 of them. Not enough demand for production.

Each one takes me around 2 hours to make. $300 in what my time and materials are worth.

So if you need one let me know. Sorry about the price in advance, wild power sports has been insanely busy and growing lately and to make it worth it for me, that’s what I got to get.

—john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USA

Reaction score
Bumping this thread, is there a clean mounting option like this for a Gen 3? I’m struggling finding a good solution.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I hid mine in the media compartment on my Gen 2. I'm sure that you could do the same on the Gen 3.

20220219_121854.jpg

20220219_121906.jpg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
looks good, I'll have to take some measurements when I get my truck. Have you seen any post here or elsewhere for a faceplate mounting option in the eyeglass / sunglass holder?

No. I have seen them up there but they were just sitting in the sunglass holder. On the ones I saw. I'm sure that someone makes something somewhere but I have not seen any.

On my set up, I have a Built Rite dash support with the magnetic mic holder from PCI to hold the mic while I am using the radio. Not sure where you could hang it if you mount the head in the sunglass holder, or if it just dangling down to a cup holder.