Very loud engine Knocking/Ticking after off-road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SimonCL

Reaction score
After hitting a puddle of water/mud last night my engine shut off, it took 4-5 tries to start it again and then after 1km the engine started doing loud knock/tick sounds like shown in the video.

I managed to drive to the nearest Ford repair shop (closed til monday) and parked it there. (The engine shut off about 2-3 times by the time I got there (2km away, luckily)).

It's not the first time my engine shuts off or goes into panic mode after hitting a puddle of water, even if it's not even 1 foot deep..

I've had the truck brand new for about 3 weeks now and I'm a bit worried.

Have you guys had any issues with water/mud like that?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors aren't very water friendly and that definitely doesn't sound good. i wouldn't even want to start it, could cause more damage.

OP
OP
S

SimonCL

Reaction score
Just curious are you running the stock air intake or an aftermarket cold air intake.

my raptor is 100% stock

thanks for the reply guys, ill get it fixed and won't be running close to water/mud until I make some mod

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
could be something electrical that is getting wet and causing these issues or you sucked up water which sucks! hope everything comes out fine!

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully the dealer gets it fixed up. If it ends up being water it sounds like you were very unlucky. Most water problems are from water that is too deep. Although water can get sucked up if you run through water with enough speed to splash it up high enough.

OP
OP
S

SimonCL

Reaction score
Good luck. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully the dealer gets it fixed up. If it ends up being water it sounds like you were very unlucky. Most water problems are from water that is too deep. Although water can get sucked up if you run through water with enough speed to splash it up high enough.

The plastic/rubber thing protecting water from getting in (under the truck next to the front skid plate) was ripped on the left side, so I guess that's how it got in.