Using and Abusing My Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes this was me! Impossible to dissect the first failure that caused a chain reaction of stuff breaking (way above my pay grade) but here is the list of what we had to replace.

Axle, Hub, Shock, Steering rack components, control arms fender, fender liner. Basically all that stuff was destroyed, but no idea what the first to go was. Was flying down the trail at about 65mph when all hell broke loose and I had no steering all of a sudden.

It is my fault 100% I was off road beating the heck out of it and for a couple of weeks I heard a clunk coming out of the front left, I was going to look at it but I have been so busy with customer stuff it was one of those deal with it later sort of things. Personally I think the upper ball joint retaining nut came loose and that broke first (hence the clunk) but like I said everything was so destroyed impossible to tell what went first.

I need to have the truck inspected post every event but like I said I never have time! 30k miles on three year old stuff and a lot of events! I went ahead and replaced everything on both front corners to be safe.

LOL the 3.0 made me smile hilarious

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes this was me! Impossible to dissect the first failure that caused a chain reaction of stuff breaking (way above my pay grade) but here is the list of what we had to replace.

Axle, Hub, Shock, Steering rack components, control arms fender, fender liner. Basically all that stuff was destroyed, but no idea what the first to go was. Was flying down the trail at about 65mph when all hell broke loose and I had no steering all of a sudden.

It is my fault 100% I was off road beating the heck out of it and for a couple of weeks I heard a clunk coming out of the front left, I was going to look at it but I have been so busy with customer stuff it was one of those deal with it later sort of things. Personally I think the upper ball joint retaining nut came loose and that broke first (hence the clunk) but like I said everything was so destroyed impossible to tell what went first.

I need to have the truck inspected post every event but like I said I never have time! 30k miles on three year old stuff and a lot of events! I went ahead and replaced everything on both front corners to be safe.

LOL the 3.0 made me smile hilarious
Holy crap! Glad everyone is okay!