Used 2012 SCREW price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ss2nv

Reaction score
So I finally found a Raptor I wanted. It was an 2012 with 8k miles on it. It came fully loaded and had some BMF wheels as well. They were asking 54,900
for the truck but in no way did I want to pay that. They were going to give me 3k for my trade in which was fair considering the mileage and shape of the car. Their "deal" for me was they wanted 53,600 including my trade in!
I told them no way! I offered them 52k out the door w/o my trade, which I thought was fair but they said no b/c they "had to much in it". He said they gave the former owner more money on the trade in b/c it had the new wheels and tires and a bed cover and RI fog lights. Which I'm sure was a load of crap. Was I to low? I looked around and I see all the dealers asking for 53-54k for used ones. It seems way high to me?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's ******* ridiculous.

Laid out simply:

I couldn't wait any longer and ended up paying msrp for my 2013.

Screw, 801a, moon roof, f & r camera, and bed extender = $54,055

mrpositraction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a new one for less than that. My next truck is going to be a Raptor and it will be better to buy new, Raptors are going for close to new prices when they are used, there is a Market for them, no point in fighting it. Just get a new one at invoice and you will be good!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct! Used Raptors retain their value very well. Depending on what options you wanted, it would be easy to stay under 50K for a new 2013 at invoice. Granted taxes, fees, ect would likely push you over 50K.

My advice, buy a 2013 at invoice so you can get the HIDs.

So I finally found a Raptor I wanted. It was an 2012 with 8k miles on it. It came fully loaded and had some BMF wheels as well. They were asking 54,900
for the truck but in no way did I want to pay that. They were going to give me 3k for my trade in which was fair considering the mileage and shape of the car. Their "deal" for me was they wanted 53,600 including my trade in!
I told them no way! I offered them 52k out the door w/o my trade, which I thought was fair but they said no b/c they "had to much in it". He said they gave the former owner more money on the trade in b/c it had the new wheels and tires and a bed cover and RI fog lights. Which I'm sure was a load of crap. Was I to low? I looked around and I see all the dealers asking for 53-54k for used ones. It seems way high to me?

OP
OP

1ss2nv

Reaction score
Any idea where in Dallas, TX I could get one for invoice? The used truck was at a Ford Dealer in Terrell so I deff don't want to go order from them.

Thanks

Michaelkgorski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No u were right in target. I would've offered lower to get to the target of 52. But there's no doubt they did NOT give him very much for the aftermarket accessories. They never do.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Ya ur better off getting a new one or a 2010-2011 screw