USB Flash Drive vs. Mp3 player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I have been running, works good, but the crap sync file reading system makes it really hard to change folders. Much better on the Dodge :(

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was eying that USB port the whole time I was shopping for my Raptor. Hoping it was more than a charging port.

I've never owned an MP3 player but do keep my music on a thumb drive and it was one of the first things I tried out on my truck. I couldn't have been more pleased. My Sirius trial subscription has lapsed and the CD player has had maybe 1 or 2 hours use. That little drive is all I need.

maniwpu

Reaction score
I wonder if it can read a USB powered 80gb external drive, my 2012 mustang struggled to read it...

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 120gb iPod classic that I kept in the center console on my '13. Not wanting to buy a new iPod been thinking about this route and just leaving it in there.

Anyone have any problems with their music being in AAC (iTunes) format?

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ Sorry, no help yet. I should be able to let you know in a couple weeks. I just ordered one of these on Amazon after opening this thread... This damn forum is going to make me go broke. ;)

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my own 32 GB Cruzer Fit (SanDisk) from Amazon through my Amazon Prime account. Pretty sweet looking I must say, almost was tempted to buy a USB 3.0 micro drive like this Cruzer Fit but I didn't see any companies I liked or trusted so I went with the Cruzer Fit. Now just got to transfer all my Country music on to it!

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Amazon

Picked one up on Amazon for $21.99 (32GB) and free shipping! I use a full size flash drive on my car but always afraid of hitting it and doing damage. This will take care of that fear! I use a 500GB passport hard drive in the glove box for the truck wired to the USB2 port but will use the cruzer when 4 wheeling.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Received it!

I received the 32GB cruzer fit today and it is so small it's unbelievable. I Loaded 8 GB of music to it and it was extreamily fast. Great deal and upgrade!