Urban Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am i going to be able to find a 13-14 with semi-low miles around 50? lady said her friend had looked at that truck I saw today and ended up buying a 2013 out of georgia for 44k. Would love to find a deal like that!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MSRP on this truck is $55,455 >> http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1R65EFB95443

and they are asking $56,883. Gotta love NOVA. :)

went and test drove this one today and sat down to see what kind of deal they could work me. They wouldn't budge more than $1k on their price and low balled me hard on my trade in so I walked out It was a sweet truck though!

Used 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor NAVIGATION,LEATHER,SUNROOF,PREMIUM WHEE For Sale | Fairfax VA | A1657

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FITZ here on the forum has a sweet '14 for sale for not much over what you're wanting to pay.

I can vouch for this truck - it is clean and very well put together.

Get with him - this is the best place to buy a vehicle as you can talk directly to the owner and get feedback from others regarding the vehicle.

Good Luck!!!

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab SVT Raptor in Winder, GA 30680: Truck Details - 399748413 - Autotrader

No pictures up on AutoTrader, but there's a 13 Supercab with 673 miles for sale. They want under 50k for it.

that's an awesome deal, but I want a super crew. Thanks for posting though!

@FITZ here on the forum has a sweet '14 for sale for not much over what you're wanting to pay.

I can vouch for this truck - it is clean and very well put together.

Get with him - this is the best place to buy a vehicle as you can talk directly to the owner and get feedback from others regarding the vehicle.

Good Luck!!!

I've been talking to him. If it didn't have the special edition interior I'd be all over it. I'm still interested, but I really dislike the way the did those interiors

Reaction score
About that power thing... I thought the same thing at first. I stepped out of a "punchy" BMW 4.8 IS that had massively wide tires and brakes that made you appreciate seatbelts. I get in to the Raptor and go for a test drive and it feels almost mushy as far as acceleration. Yea, if you get on it a little more it'll get on up there, but it didn't fit my expectations. I saw videos of it, I know what it "should" do, this didn't make sense.

So I remembered the best piece of advice I ever saw on here, "Drive it like you stole it". Punch the sucker, and you may have a different opinion. It still surprises me more than 6 months later. I've never seen a vehicle that large that could accelerate that quickly. Every freeway on ramp is just fun. 0 mph to 80 mph in a hurry? No problem. 50 to 90, no problem. It never really seems to get to a dead area, it's just always ready for more.

It's not going to handle like a BMW (though it handles surprisingly well for its size and tires), but if you can make peace with having to "put it where you want it" on a turn, and remember to drive it like you stole it then it's a heck of a fun vehicle to drive as it will do absolutely anything you ask of....just don't be afraid to put it there.

Test drive another. Floor it from 0-80 mph, or whatever the legal limit is of course! :) See if your impression changes.

One thing I should mention. I never hit the limit on cornering the X5 4.8 IS. I was always afraid that by the time I hit that kind of situation the break would be sudden and the next stop would be a tree. It handled great, but I never knew where the line was because I never felt it getting really really close (not a little slide bit feeling it breaking loose or the computer hitting its limits). You'll feel it on the Raptor. For me, that is a good thing. It is a very linear, progressive break that you can back out of at any time. So you can drive it like you stole it, get a little slide and keep it where you want or back out safely....or predict what happens if you push it further. There aren't any sudden unknowns. Make peace with the slide on a sporty turn, it's part of putting it where you want it and the truck doesn't mind one bit. It'll do a whole lot more than one would think. ...it's just a different mindset for how you "should" drive than with BMW. When I overcame that, the truck never failed to impress.

Good luck, and let me know what you think of 0-80 on the floor.

P.S.: Couldn't agree more about the interior. Skipped a perfect spec match because of that. ...glad I did. :)