Urban Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a BMW fan but if I had to choose one or the other I'd go with the Raptor. It's alot more fun to drive IMHO and more ways to MOD it to fit your needs and style. Do you plan on off-roading it? That's something else to take into consideration. Plus if you get one and put 37's on it you can just park on top of any cars in the way. :ROFLJest: of all my vehicles the Raptor is one of my favorites to drive. Good luck with the decision.

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep you're definitely right on those points! Modding is half the fun of owning the vehicle! That, and i could actually work on the raptor myself. I don't think i'd go bigger than 35's on the raptor. Probably not too much off-roading with it to be honest, but every once in a while it could happen. Mainly i've been tired of the lack of space in my infiniti, and the fact that when road conditions are bad in the winter I either have to ride with a friend or pray I don't die on the way to school.

As far as the bmw that's what actually brought me to these forums. I searched for people trying to decide between the two and found a thread on here. A lot of people had actually owned both at one time and most of them preferred the raptor which surprised me a bit!

I just miss having a truck. The convience of having plenty of space in the cab and the bed. Being up higher and seeing over cars in traffic. It's a pain when you need to borrow cars for simple things. Like my TV broke the other day and it won't fit in my car, so had to borrow a friends to take it to a repair shop. Other than my 2008 F-250 that I kept for 4 years, I haven't stayed in a vehicle much over a year. I tend to bounce around. Bought a 09 Audi S5 after the 08 f250, then 06 f250 (got tired of fixing the 6.0), then the infiniti. Now i'm wanting a truck again.

Eventually i'll get to the point in life where I can have 2 vehicles. Until then I'm just hoping to find something I enjoyed as much as the 08 f250 that I will want to stay in for longer than a year

The fact that everyone says the raptor is really fun to drive is a big factor in wanting one. Because honestly I love to drive for enjoyment sometimes and between that and the gym that's a lot of how I relieve all the stress from school. The infiniti is fun too, but just looking for something different.

Last edited:

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see another bimmer fan on here. I've just started my search for an E39 M5 to go with the Raptor. Greatest sport sedan ever produced IMHO and unreal what you can pick one up for considering the $90K+ original price.

Reaction score
Mike has the right idea! But if they are closed minded where you live, it's worth the hike from a parking spot with enough room. Hell, it's worth moving to a place with a garage or decent parking just for you....call it part of the price of having the truck.

I say this as a BMW convert. This truck is the first non-German vehicle I have ever owned. X5 4.8is was the last. It was great....performed like crazy. BUT, it was nowhere near as much fun as this....just raw fun. The M3 will run like crazy....but will it put a smile on your face in normal driving...every day? Will it bring out the inner 2 year old in you with a goofy giggle when you run over a curb accidentally because it doesn't matter and you barely felt it? No, if you hit a pothole going 30 Mph you are going to cringe and think how many thousand of $ you just screwed up and what's broken.

Get a Raptor. Take a girl up to the mountains, spend the night in the truck, and enjoy the room in the back. Find the worst mountain roads you can find and laugh all the way. Wash it up and have a fine, respectable vehicle. Then drive down the roughest street in town, speeding. Go home and walk a mile from a decent parking spot or move to a new place if you have to.

BMW is great in a limited area and very, very fragile. Raptors are just pure fun.

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike has the right idea! But if they are closed minded where you live, it's worth the hike from a parking spot with enough room. Hell, it's worth moving to a place with a garage or decent parking just for you....call it part of the price of having the truck.

I say this as a BMW convert. This truck is the first non-German vehicle I have ever owned. X5 4.8is was the last. It was great....performed like crazy. BUT, it was nowhere near as much fun as this....just raw fun. The M3 will run like crazy....but will it put a smile on your face in normal driving...every day? Will it bring out the inner 2 year old in you with a goofy giggle when you run over a curb accidentally because it doesn't matter and you barely felt it? No, if you hit a pothole going 30 Mph you are going to cringe and think how many thousand of $ you just screwed up and what's broken.

Get a Raptor. Take a girl up to the mountains, spend the night in the truck, and enjoy the room in the back. Find the worst mountain roads you can find and laugh all the way. Wash it up and have a fine, respectable vehicle. Then drive down the roughest street in town, speeding. Go home and walk a mile from a decent parking spot or move to a new place if you have to.

BMW is great in a limited area and very, very fragile. Raptors are just pure fun.

haha I like the way you put that! Moving isn't really a option at this point, but I don't mind walking a bit. and like you said the raptor will be a lot of fun and a lot less worry with curbs and potholes! Just counting down the days until the finances are right and then the hunt is on for one!

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I live in Raleigh NC. (comparable to Richmond) I have three small kids so that means going to the grocery store everyday, ball games, school etc etc. The supercrew Raptor is great because it big enough to intimidate pretty much any other vehicle you see on the road, towers over all the hippies driving Prius and Smart cars, fits in with all the Porches, BMWs, and Audis you see in town, and when you need it to do what it was built for, it performs amazingly well. I think it is the perfect mid-city size vehicle. Ive only driven big trucks, so I'm used to parking in tight spots. It'll fit in most parking garages Ive encountered and the backup camera makes parking even easier. Get one and be ready to grin every time you drive it. Put a loud exhaust on it and drive it in manual. And get ready to have to talk about it to all the curious/jealous people.

alpharaptor

Reaction score
I'm about to sell my raptor to get a 2015 mustang and f150. I miss banging gears but need a truck to haul. The raptor was fun to mod and mess with though. I live in downtown Atlanta, GA with a Raptor. It's tough at times but it's awesome driving that tank through town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I live in Raleigh NC. (comparable to Richmond) I have three small kids so that means going to the grocery store everyday, ball games, school etc etc. The supercrew Raptor is great because it big enough to intimidate pretty much any other vehicle you see on the road, towers over all the hippies driving Prius and Smart cars, fits in with all the Porches, BMWs, and Audis you see in town, and when you need it to do what it was built for, it performs amazingly well. I think it is the perfect mid-city size vehicle. Ive only driven big trucks, so I'm used to parking in tight spots. It'll fit in most parking garages Ive encountered and the backup camera makes parking even easier. Get one and be ready to grin every time you drive it. Put a loud exhaust on it and drive it in manual. And get ready to have to talk about it to all the curious/jealous people.

Thanks for the input! Nice to hear that and i'm really looking forward to getting one! I have a few days off of school this week inbetween spring and summer session so I'm going to go look at a few at dealerships with my dad. Should be fun!

I'm about to sell my raptor to get a 2015 mustang and f150. I miss banging gears but need a truck to haul. The raptor was fun to mod and mess with though. I live in downtown Atlanta, GA with a Raptor. It's tough at times but it's awesome driving that tank through town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand that! truck and a car is a great set-up! I think you'll still be pretty happy