GEN 2 UPR Billet Drain plug for plastic oil pan.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was like meh.... at that price, until I found out it has a magnet integrated into it!

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was like meh.... at that price, until I found out it has a magnet integrated into it!

Does the new metal pan from Ford also have a drain plug with the magnetic end?

On a side note, I am surprised a vendor here has not concocted a "retrofit" kit consisting of the new metal oil pan, pickup assembly, and drain plug. The huge market from plastic pan failures will pay big $$ for it!

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the metal pan uses the same plug. I know in their video where they first showed it off they said plastic oil pan plug.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Magnetic drain plugs are a gimmick. The oil filter catches all that shit. Also, the plastic and metal pans have different plugs. Lastly, swapping from the OEM plastic pan to the metal pan is a pretty large job. What would be best is if a company made a metal pan as a direct replacement for the plastic pan that uses the same parts so only the pan needs to be swapped.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks to be identical to the plastic one just billet. Would be nice with a different plug integrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im waiting on Fumitomo

I don’t know what’s taking so long!!

This is by far the worst oil change, I don’t know why I even put a oil pan down I should just let it spew all over the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk