GEN 2 UPR Billet Drain plug for plastic oil pan.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know what’s taking so long!!

This is by far the worst oil change, I don’t know why I even put a oil pan down I should just let it spew all over the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get an oil extractor. I have a mityvac and i was able to suck out all but 2 ounces of oil. I removed the plug after extraction and just under 2oz came out. I found the trick with this truck- only go in as deep as the dipstick, then rotate the tube until it picks the oil up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an oil extractor. I have a mityvac and i was able to suck out all but 2 ounces of oil. I removed the plug after extraction and just under 2oz came out. I found the trick with this truck- only go in as deep as the dipstick, then rotate the tube until it picks the oil up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Duh stupid me, I have two mitivacs!!! Little slow sometimes[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let us know if anyone needs anything from UPR. We offer their full line including their awesome catch cans!

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Does the new metal pan from Ford also have a drain plug with the magnetic end?

On a side note, I am surprised a vendor here has not concocted a "retrofit" kit consisting of the new metal oil pan, pickup assembly, and drain plug. The huge market from plastic pan failures will pay big $$ for it!
To swap pans the install is not for the faint of heart. Front diff needs to be lowered out of the way among other fun obstacles.