Oil on every spark plug thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robbiee

Reaction score
Truck is currently at the dealer because I have the leaky plastic pan, but also caught oil on the threads of every plug. Dealer said front engine cover was leaking and that valve cover gaskets are part of the process as well. I know the cam phasers were done in 2021, but aside from that not much else. Is this really a gasket issue or do I need to find a better dealer? Never had this on any car I owned, maybe 1 or 2 but not all of them. Have ESP

Attachments

• IMG_3496.jpeg
    IMG_3496.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
R

Robbiee

Reaction score
If the valve cover gaskets leak then it can fill the plug hole and foul out plugs. Were the plugs drowning in oil?
That would be my first question. As well as what mods, if any, have been done.

I was dumb and didn't really get down in there. When I saw the threads, I put the new ones in and got it to the dealer. No mods on it, and I thought perhaps could've been related to the cam phaser job and maybe gasket not seating. Just wanted to ask here if there's anything I should ask since the dealer I went to doesn't seem to be all to familiar with the truck unfortunately