Upliftter switch wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can easily replace the upfitter switch wires with longer/larger gauge wires? They are so short. It makes me nervous using a heat gun/soldering iron that close to all the other wiring harnesses.

I know there is a cost associated with it but giving the cost of these trucks you’d think Ford could provide a little longer/larger gauge wire.

If you don't want to solder get 16 AWG wiring and use heat shrink crimp connectors. Crimp connectors aren't the greatest but if you get the heat shrink ones they give you that extra hold you need just in case the wire gets pulled.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a former wire wiggler for ATT for 30 years, I would like to share some of what I learned after making hundreds of thousands of wire connections. The KISS theory(keep it simple stu...) is what I adhere to. My wiring isn't as elaborate as the one shown above but it has been trouble free for 6+ years. In post #16 I can see 9 potential failure points in the picture just on the hot(positive) side. When trouble shooting a wiring problem every connection point must be scrutinized.

Here is a pic of my setup for comparison. Always use quality connectors, I like 3M.

001.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc