Upliftter switch wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Boost_it638

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it, this is what i was taking about ealier.

MAMiller44 posted it in what did you do your raptor today thread
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-raptor-today-gen2.59415/page-568

Auxiliary wiring clean-up happened today. Soldered in extended red wires for the aux switches, and blue wires for the pass-thru wires to the passenger fuse box. Quick disconnects on all ends, labels, and a little patch panel to tie it all together.

25aa66de-14a5-4f23-ba00-618c9893bfda-jpeg.155660

2ac59631-ebe7-4a77-852b-6a6d8b76603d-jpeg.155661

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it, this is what i was taking about ealier.

MAMiller44 posted it in what did you do your raptor today thread
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-raptor-today-gen2.59415/page-568

Auxiliary wiring clean-up happened today. Soldered in extended red wires for the aux switches, and blue wires for the pass-thru wires to the passenger fuse box. Quick disconnects on all ends, labels, and a little patch panel to tie it all together.

25aa66de-14a5-4f23-ba00-618c9893bfda-jpeg.155660

2ac59631-ebe7-4a77-852b-6a6d8b76603d-jpeg.155661
Can you still access fuse box below?

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you still access fuse box below?

Yes, the upfitter box is bolted to the fuse box cover. I used a dabble of silicon on the bolts to make sure no water could get in. To access the fuse box I can just pull out the connectors to the accessories and leave the upfitter wires (red bundle) attached to the cover. There’s enough extra slack on the red wire bundle that I can set the cover off to the side. They are only tucked behind that factory hook so plenty of room to move.

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can easily replace the upfitter switch wires with longer/larger gauge wires? They are so short. It makes me nervous using a heat gun/soldering iron that close to all the other wiring harnesses.

I know there is a cost associated with it but giving the cost of these trucks you’d think Ford could provide a little longer/larger gauge wire.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can easily replace the upfitter switch wires with longer/larger gauge wires? They are so short. It makes me nervous using a heat gun/soldering iron that close to all the other wiring harnesses.

I know there is a cost associated with it but giving the cost of these trucks you’d think Ford could provide a little longer/larger gauge wire.

I use a small portable(butane) soldering iron for truck work. While I'd like more temperature control , the ability to work in small places is a nice. My particular model also has a small heat shield you can use for shrink wrapping

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you are talking about replacing the entire circuit with larger gauge wire: No. Nothing easy about that. Would be easier to just run new wiring.

I suspect you just mean getting some more length on the end of the wires? If so, I think crimping on some extensions and covering them with heat shrink (done with a cigarette lighter) is probably the method that satisfies most of your concerns. For the smaller AWG wires on AUX 3,4,5,6 you will likely need to double over the copper strands inside the crimp connector to get it to crimp sufficiently to a ~16 AWG wire.