Upgraded IWE gear replacement interest

Are you interested in an upgraded IWE gear?

• Yes definitly

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Maybe Later

Votes: 31 27.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
@Bulletnjm with the IWE delete, the hubs at the wheels/axles would be connected full time, thus turning the axles, thus rotating the front diff. The dissconect would at the transfer case, and would be engaged/disengaged by the selector knob inside the cab like normal. Make sense?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense, i always thought the switch inside disconnected right at the hubs, via the vacuum.

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense, i always thought the switch inside disconnected right at the hubs, via the vacuum.

It does that as well! When you switch the knob to 4wd, 2 main things happen, the tranfer case engages the front diff, and sends a signal to release the vacuum on the IWE to engage the hubs. And vise versa when going back in 2wd. I'm sure there's some other sub systems that are activated as well, but we wont get into that.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will the IWE vacuum replacement build up vacuum much quicker than the stock? I remember someone saying it took 20-30 seconds for the vacuum to build up. Would be nice to have instant vacuum pressure for when you want to get going right away

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya Rcv are available to public, with Iwe collar I lost .7 mpg.
But I had to get a custom spline number made because I got aftermarket hubs, cv shafts, front diff.

There is no stress on drive train parts as I have been testing this stuff for 2 years now, only 1 broken tcase and that wasn't due to Iwe delete just abuse. Now with a atlas tcase back in , beating the crap out of it this winter in -50 and 6 feet of snow anything has yet to fail me.... knock on wood

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya Rcv are available to public, with Iwe collar I lost .7 mpg.
But I had to get a custom spline number made because I got aftermarket hubs, cv shafts, front diff.

There is no stress on drive train parts as I have been testing this stuff for 2 years now, only 1 broken tcase and that wasn't due to Iwe delete just abuse. Now with a atlas tcase back in , beating the crap out of it this winter in -50 and 6 feet of snow anything has yet to fail me.... knock on wood

Is this something I need to call them to order?? Did not see on there website

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How's the installation?
Installation isn't to bad, but need the right tools. @***** had his changed out on the trail by done who have changed them before.
Dynamic recovery with strap :/
I know, I know. Kinda dumb
It called due to the dining wheels in the snow and the sudden application of the brakes. That "shock" loaded the IWE. It wasn't the recovery itself. @Rookie and I did the same thing until I realized what was happening and started warning drivers.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com