Upgrade, I hope.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
derekbw

derekbw

Reaction score
I’m sure there are many people on FRF with a Gen 2 that would gladly trade you if the feelings get to be too much. :)

Gen 3 is the better truck, enjoy it and forget you ever a Gen 2
Nice, thanks. So far, they feel very much the same...maybe the 2023 has smoother turns. The tech stuff so far is leaps and bounds better in the Gen 3.
The point of my post, for those that may have taken it the wrong way, was simply to inquire as to if the Gen 3 was really worth it....I didn't do my homework ahead of time and only knew the tech was much better in the Gen 3; I was just hoping that the overall ride and magic was still there. Ultimately I'm complimenting the Gen 2 Raptor I had as it was terrific. And yes, I'm thrilled to be in the Gen 3...it wasn't and easy check to write.
Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always tough letting something go that you had a connection to.

Advice: make new memories in your Gen 3. Go for a road trip, see something, take it somewhere new, take it off-road, go camping in it. In short - enjoy your new baby!

OP
OP
derekbw

derekbw

Reaction score
I always feel the same when i upgrade, that damn feeling never goes away especially when the previous truck never gave you an issue.

Congrats on the new raptor
Thank you! That is exactly how I feel; the Gen 2 never gave me and issue and was a joy to drive. My big grief was the Sync 3 system....just glitch and slow. When I saw a Gen 3 that looked just like mine I had to give it a look as I thought it might not be there long.

RdR2027

Reaction score
I've had the same feelings about vehicles I've traded over the years. Still miss my 1980 FJ40 and a 1970 SS Camero to name a couple. The memories are good, go out and have some good times in the new truck.

OP
OP
derekbw

derekbw

Reaction score
Sounds and looks like a prius owner, just saying. I'm surprised no one has chimed in about it yet. Guess I'm now an "official" FRF member. LOL

Attachments

• 20240224_130327.jpg
    20240224_130327.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240224_130258.jpg
    20240224_130258.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240224_130327.jpg
    20240224_130327.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240224_130258.jpg
    20240224_130258.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
derekbw

derekbw

Reaction score
Lets see some pix of said prius

View attachment 445774
Wow, you bought your Raptor in 2019 and this is your first post on the forum! You came here to cry about doing a huge upgrade in trucks that just about everyone else here would die for. I see your only mistake was not enjoying your truck payment free for a while before diving into years of new payments.

Welcome to FRF
since you traded on Rap for another:

Always tough letting something go that you had a connection to.

Advice: make new memories in your Gen 3. Go for a road trip, see something, take it somewhere new, take it off-road, go camping in it. In short - enjoy your new baby!
Thank you! That all I needed to hear. Wasn't trying to stir up a hornets nest with the haters. Really appreciate the feedback...it wasn't an easy decision. Life's short, so I'm driving my dream truck. Have a great day.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't trying to stir up a hornets nest with the haters.
Wow, if you think this is hating on you then you really haven't bothered to look around FRF

This forum shares a shit ton of great info AND gives a ton of good hearted ribbing -- especially when one fails to post pictures of the truck (hint hint -- no pictures means you are a prius driving Raptor owner wanna be)

The real hating is saved for gummie spam and new members who expect the forum members to rehash all the info already shared previously