Upgrade audio using factory NAV head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prime Target

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to change out the stock speakers, subs and amp and continue to use the stock NAV head unit on a 2013? I realize I can't change out the head unit because of the climate controls but I'd like to upgrade the system to what it should be.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother the factory nav is crap go aftermarket

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a good sound processor is the key to integrating the oem radio. depending on how extensive of a build you want to go with, will determine which sound processor you should get.

Derrick

Reaction score
This is what I installed using the Factory NAV in my 12

Front stage :
> Audison Voce 5.25" midrange and tweeter combo with crossovers
Custom Spacers designed (6x8 to 5.25")

> Rear Stage:
> Hertz ECX 570 5x7" coaxial

> Subwoofer Stage:

JL Audio box 12" in
custom box special order
>
> Hertz HDP 5. 5 channel amplifier
> 4 gauge power flow kit
> 6 channel RCAs

Audison Bit 10 newer technology and 32 band equalizer

This was expensive but if your into sound it is awesome. It started out less but through discussion and research most information from this site it quickly snow balled into this. With the expense of some of the items I chose to have it installed and bought a 5 year warranty and clad I did as the processor went for a crap after 10 months. You can't tell by looking in the truck it is all well out of sight and the only thing visible is the remote control that allows for 5 different presets for different sound setups which I can change on my laptop.

OP
OP
P

Prime Target

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I installed using the Factory NAV in my 12

Front stage :
> Audison Voce 5.25" midrange and tweeter combo with crossovers
Custom Spacers designed (6x8 to 5.25")

> Rear Stage:
> Hertz ECX 570 5x7" coaxial

> Subwoofer Stage:

JL Audio box 12" in
custom box special order
>
> Hertz HDP 5. 5 channel amplifier
> 4 gauge power flow kit
> 6 channel RCAs

Audison Bit 10 newer technology and 32 band equalizer

This was expensive but if your into sound it is awesome. It started out less but through discussion and research most information from this site it quickly snow balled into this. With the expense of some of the items I chose to have it installed and bought a 5 year warranty and clad I did as the processor went for a crap after 10 months. You can't tell by looking in the truck it is all well out of sight and the only thing visible is the remote control that allows for 5 different presets for different sound setups which I can change on my laptop.

That's is a great setup. Now that I know it's possible, I have 2 older amps (USA built RF Punch 4ch and 2 ch)I'm still partial to and will use in the Raptor. I'll have to start looking into processors and speakers. Any problems with the head unit working with the pieces you've added?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

half correct. its the 13-14 models that have the radio replacement issue.

feel free to give me a call (650) 938-3511 i can answer any questions you may have.

noah

Will do, thanks Noah

Derrick

Reaction score
no problem at all with the head unit. I believe they left the front center speaker working for all the Nav sounds but i will have to check that again.