Upfitter switches not working

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by HUSKERHOSS, Sep 11, 2017.

1. HUSKERHOSS

HUSKERHOSS Member

I have a 2017 Raptor and went to hook up some lights. I had no power to the left bunch of wires under the hood. Also, none of the upfitter lights light up, the words AUX 1, Aux 2, ect., on the overhead console. I hooked up a power meter to each of the 6 wires under the hood and all were dead. The lights would work if I hooked up directly to batter, but not to wire. Shouldn't the individual AUX lights have light up on the overhead console light up? Seems like something was not installed correctly. Do I have to do something to make them hot?

2. Piranharaptor

Piranharaptor Full Access Member

Make sure ignition is on. There are 2 sets wires ( 2 bundles, 12 wires). One set are hot, one set just goes back through the firewall (so you can hook then up to hot and run something from inside).
    Hope I just saved you some stress, phones calls, bad words, etc....ask me how I know.

3. HUSKERHOSS

HUSKERHOSS Member

Thank you for your response. Yes, using the correct bundle and ignition is on. That is my problem, neither set is hot, understand only ones on left that go to aux. switches are supposed to be. Something has to be wrong as every one of the 6 switches on console does not light up.

4. Aaron

Aaron Meme Corps Commandant

I'm assuming you've checked your fuses for your aux switches? If not, do that.

5. vooo11

vooo11 Member

if not drop it off at the dealer/ they will solve it under warranty

6. HUSKERHOSS

HUSKERHOSS Member

Fuses are there. Two weeks wait until they could get me in.