GEN 2 Upfitter Switch Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tabshim

Reaction score
Switch 1 & 2 are 15 Amp
Switch 3 & 4 are 10 Amp
Switch 5 & 6 are 5 Amp

I’m getting:
For #2 40” curved light bar Rigid
For #3 Rigid Round Fog light (Spot)
For #4 Rigid Round Fog light Driving
For # 5 Rigid Round SAE light
For # 6 Rear SR-L Series Reverse light

keeping #1 for future crazy idea.
Enjoy

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas and brainstorming for upfitter switches, so far I have:

1. Exterior lights
2. Tailgate release button
3. Exhaust cutout
4. Kill Switch
5. Winch

If anyone can help me think of other ideas I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance
Out of curiosity, what is the 'Kill Switch'? How does that work? Is that something to kill power to the engine if it's running, or will only allow the engine to start if it's turned on before you press the start button, etc?

Also, what is the winch output? I'm not sure there's a winch out there that draws less than 15Amps (which as someone mentioned above are only on switch 1 and 2), so I'm not sure what you're running through the switch that would be connected to the winch.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the tailgate release are you guys not using the key? Just wondering why take up a switch if you can do it with the key? Or do some raptors not have this as an option? Sorry for the question two months into raptor ownership.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's on the key for everyone, but it is a tad bit more convenient to hit the switch rather than dig it out of your pocket and hit a button. I don't have this mod, but have sort of wished I did a few times recently.

Also, it's a simple cheap mod that gives a bit of satisfaction.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's on the key for everyone, but it is a tad bit more convenient to hit the switch rather than dig it out of your pocket and hit a button. I don't have this mod, but have sort of wished I did a few times recently.

Also, it's a simple cheap mod that gives a bit of satisfaction.

A lot of folks have dinged up their tailgates when an accidental release happened. Doing the Fob mod to disable the button and putting it on an upfitter is a huge upgrade.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@trn2010 I'm guessing you don't have notifications turned on for this thread you created? Or do you just not want to reply to anyone's info/questions? ;)