Unscheduled Squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CO21

Reaction score
Ford pushed me to the edge… just like a dog that won’t hunt, a gun that won’t shoot and truck that won’t run. It’s time to for me to try the competition. 23 of the 42 vehicles I have owned have been a Ford (wife likes those foreign jobs) I have never owned a Dodge/RAM… but i soon will and if the speed i received the VIN is any indication, it will be much sooner then my unscheduled clean 21 will show up or any 22 for that matter. The TRX is far from perfect and any unfamiliar noise I hear will make my stomach drop. While I am not done with Ford I am just putting them in the penalty box for the lack of clarity, communication, and compassion.
I felt like a kid sitting on Santas lap on Black Friday when I ordered my dream truck and first Raptor. After going from a XL to a XL to a XLT to a Lariat. Only to wake up Christmas morning to no Raptor and a note from Santa saying it is unscheduled and clean…

I am at a point in my life that i can splurge a little bit with no regrets.
Ford pushed me to the edge and the $9K off MSRP made me jump to the TRX. Now I only hope that I am not the next thing in the TRX’s mouth under the intake cover.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying. My buddy ordered his TRX last week at the same discount and told me today he had his VIN. I haven't been close to one yet but if I like his, and I don't have mine, who knows? We have just had such a good experience with our Gen 1 that I hate to take a chance. The only Dodge I had (wife bought before we met Gen 1 Durango with the big motor) spun a bearing with relatively low mileage and had been meticulously maintained. That leaves a bad taste...

Mustainefan

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying. My buddy ordered his TRX last week at the same discount and told me today he had his VIN. I haven't been close to one yet but if I like his, and I don't have mine, who knows? We have just had such a good experience with our Gen 1 that I hate to take a chance. The only Dodge I had (wife bought before we met Gen 1 Durango with the big motor) spun a bearing with relatively low mileage and had been meticulously maintained. That leaves a bad taste...
I would never buy a TRX. First, its interior is beyond tacky. Second, the gas mileage is going to be horrific. I had a 2005 Ram 1500, and it was fine, but then I traded it in on a 2009 F150 and the quality difference was night and day. The Raptor is great, but if I don’t get a new one, I’ll go back to Toyota.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never buy a TRX. First, its interior is beyond tacky. Second, the gas mileage is going to be horrific. I had a 2005 Ram 1500, and it was fine, but then I traded it in on a 2009 F150 and the quality difference was night and day. The Raptor is great, but if I don’t get a new one, I’ll go back to Toyota.
Yeah, another friend had a new 2500 and had nothing but issues with it. Cursed it until the day he traded it for a Ford and has never looked back.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry... the interior on the 2019+ Ram is very good... Ford has been lagging for a while and while they are much better now, the Ram still has a higher quality interior. I had a 2019 Ram limited and the interior quality was outstanding. Not just my opinion, but winning luxury car of the year is not a bad thing and says a lot about he interior. Gas mileage.. yeah... I am not a fan at all. Not that i am that conscience about the MPG, but single digit MPG is not good.
I am still considering the TRX as I continue to wait for mine to get built... I have a VIN, so I am holding on for now.

Reaction score
Called yesterday and still unscheduled. Waiting to hear from my dealer. Was told they had 3 allocations and that I was the third order.
I'm being told almost the exact the same thing, despite strongly suggesting that my dealer order me a 22. Not sure if there's something we don't know (unlikely) or if it's incompetence slash chaos (almost definitely).

LPZML

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm being told almost the exact the same thing, despite strongly suggesting that my dealer order me a 22. Not sure if there's something we don't know (unlikely) or if it's incompetence slash chaos (almost definitely).
my 21 order is still in from june 14th but my new order still hasnt showed up on FP when i asked yesterday they told me it take 3 days to process

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 21 order is still in from june 14th but my new order still hasnt showed up on FP when i asked yesterday they told me it take 3 days to process
Let's see who can have the most unscheduled clean open orders for different model year trucks with Ford. Ha! Not a contest I want to win.

My original order from 6/11 still shows unscheduled clean and so does my new 22 order from 10/6. Both with the same dealer.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see who can have the most unscheduled clean open orders for different model year trucks with Ford. Ha! Not a contest I want to win.

My original order from 6/11 still shows unscheduled clean and so does my new 22 order from 10/6. Both with the same dealer.
I'm curious, why did you order from the same dealer if they didn't have an allocation the first time?

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, why did you order from the same dealer if they didn't have an allocation the first time?
They said they had it. Their regional Ford rep told them last Monday while he was at the dealership that the '21 scheduling had been balanced out and their remaining one allocation (my '21 order) wasn't going to get built. And we needed to put mine in as a '22. So the order went in on Wednesday.

My 21 was a lead foot order. My 22 is black. Two dealer stock orders, both lead foot, got pulled to be built. Both have VIN's and are in production now. Dealer offered either one to me, but they both have moonroofs, which I do not want, and other options I didn't order. I'm excited, but not in a hurry or any crunch to have/need a new truck. So I'll wait for the spec I want versus settle. And knowing me, I'd regret the moonroof for a year of ownership and then buy a new one without it.