UAE - Abu Dhabi or Dubai Raptor Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
My 2013 Super Crew MSRP was $53,195 fully loaded including Blue interior. Minus only graphics. My price was $49,786. I think you must have been on the Canada website?

Yes the new ones even here are way to expensive IMO. Maybe if it was a V8, but not for that V6.

Nah, I was on the US website. Like I said, they give us lots of useless shit as its part of the full option. Like Ford floor mats (they're quite crappy), cigarette package (I don't even smoke), etc etc. Graphics package itself was like a $3500-4000 package. And all these little things add up. Trust me, I've been here since '87 - it's rather retarded out here with a monopolized agency for every car brand and 'buy it from us or don't buy it' attitude.

As for the 62,000, it may have been closer to 60,000; I can't quite remember now and there's no place to check either. I just know that I had made an identical Raptor on the US site that was more than $60,000, before I bought mine from the agency here so I didn't feel THAT ripped off. Lol.

Hell, now we don't have cheap fuel either. I just filled my gas tank yesterday for 2.03 AED per liter, which comes out to be about 2.09 USD per gallon. This is for premium fuel though. Just checked NJ prices, and they're at 2.02 USD per gallon.

Rorywg

Reaction score
I've imported 2 raptors to the UAE from the US. The first was a 2010 SCAB that I bought on exporttrader.com. It was fantastic- arrived in showroom condition and went like a missile. I bought it in 2011 for $43k, plus $800 to ship it from New Jersey ( I don;t know where the earlier poster got the $3k shipping fee). I abused it, then a friend bought it from me. it is still going strong even though it looks a little more worn than when it arrived a few years ago!

The second was one I bought through SDHQ in Arizona. This was a a bit over $60k but was pretty well modified. It's a 2012 SCAB and I bought it, again, at a year old. It was more expensive to ship as it came from San Francicso (slower and more expensive as the boat comes across the Pacific). It has been a bit less reliable, probably because I have driven it a bit too enthusiastically.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one from Al Tayer as I have had only bad experiences with their service department and have heard from friends that there are difficulties in having the warranty honoured if the trucks has been used/damaged offroad. Mind you, there are very few other places that are any good at working on these trucks, which is crazy but seems to be the case.

If I were buying one again, I think I would look closely at exporttrader as it is as close to a dealer experience as you can get from here. The shipping etc is all really easy. If I wanted to buy something with mods, in which case the warranty will be in question anyway, I would go the SDHQ route. Ryan and his team are exceptional.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotta love how folks pick one thing out of a long post to argue with and it isn't even relevant to the topic.

They're more expensive over there for various reasons. What you paid isn't relevant.

I can't help with the original question, but couldn't believe some of the responses.

Last edited:

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original question was from 2014... the zombie question was about differences between GCC spec and USA spec.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dom75

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m currently based in the UK but travel to the UAE often. I’m trying to conduct a little bit of research and could do with some help/feedback. How many of you have heard of Mountune to start with and would people be interested in their Raptor tuning styling products in the UAE?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Thanks in advance