Two New "Rules"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A hi lift, base plate, and two sand ladders would have made that recovery WAY easier.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You only need one shakle... loop the tow rope through itself for one end.... the less hardware you use the safer it is.
Well, yeah less is better, but I have seen some recovery points where you would be hard pressed to loop a strap through, plus I dont like looping straps around themselves-but that's just me.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A hi lift, base plate, and two sand ladders would have made that recovery WAY easier.

A Hi-Lift, base plate, two sand ladders, a Chinook and sling, LVDezrtDawg's recovery kit (great for day trips but can you really go camping with all that gear?) - heck, just having all the non-offroading Raptor owners out there to give us instant, on-the-spot advice would've helped :mrgreen:

A backhoe would've made it even easier.

large-1170351701-Norscot_Cat_432E.jpg

Not driving on the former bottom of the Salton Sea would've been the best. I'm surprised no one mentioned that :mrgreen: