Tweeter Mounting Depth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i prefer to use matching speakers when doing upgrades. if you are sticking to the audiofrogs in the door, try to stick with them throughout the truck. i personally dont like mixing speakers. if a customer has jl audio speakers in front, i try to match with jl audio in the rear. if using focal, use them all the way around, etc. having the tonal qualities of the speakers match, sound better to me. nothing wrong with any speaker really, just want them to match. so if keeping the audio frogs, use the smaller one until you are ready to do the complete upgrade
Honestly, it doesn't matter much so long as they have correlating passbands and distortion profiles.

OP
OP
H

havinnoj

Reaction score
Gb15 is ideal for 2 way with gb60 since it can play lower to reduce off axis roll off from the gb60. Gb10 can be used in 2 way, but its not as ideal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's what I've seen recommended as well, hence my desire to fit GB15's but sounds like the depth limitations will push me towards GB10's (assuming I can fit those).

Reaction score
OK have you spoken to the owner of Audio Frog about this? He seems to think differently about his products.
I speak to andy on a near daily basis. You can also search through his dealer group (which I don't think you are in, might want to take that out of your sig ;) ) or his enthusiast group, and his personal page and you will see about a thousand different instances where he says exactly what I just posted. The reason the GB15 (which was designed purely for 2 way use with the GB60) is better is because it has a much lower FS than the GB10 which allows you to use a lower low pass filter on the GB60 to reduce beaming (off axis roll off due to cancellation across the diaphragm) through the crossover range which can cause a whole slew of issues. Since the GB15 has a lower FS, it can handle the lower crossover vs the GB10. The GB10 will struggle below 2500hz (24db slope), but the GB15 can handle an 1800hz 24db crossover. The GB10 can still do 2 way, its just not as ideal since again, higher crossover point. But it does do better in 3 way setups since you don't need the lower crossover and has better dispersion at higher frequencies.

Just in case you don't trust me for whatever reason.. a discussion with him and i helping a customer of his out

f4JPRZu.jpg