Tweeter Mounting Depth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

havinnoj

Reaction score
GB15 if I can. I have GB60’s for doors. I could get away with GB10’s, but trying to stick with factory location, if possible.

Reaction score
GB15 if I can. I have GB60’s for doors. I could get away with GB10’s, but trying to stick with factory location, if possible.
Thats going to be tough. Too small of an area diameter wise I'd think, and depth as well. Best to do custom sail panels for this speaker in a 2 way application

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

havinnoj

Reaction score
Thats going to be tough. Too small of an area diameter wise I'd think, and depth as well. Best to do custom sail panels for this speaker in a 2 way application

Thanks Nick. I saw these adapters:
https://soundsgoodstereo.com/products/2015-2020-ford-f-series-truck-custom-tweeter-adapters-pair (51mm) which looks like it would fit the diameter of the GB15. Doesn’t help if they’re too deep. Nick any recommendations on a tweeter to match my GB60’s that would work in oem location?

Maybe a better is what make/model tweeters do people use? And I can cross reference their mounting depth.

Reaction score
https://soundsgoodstereo.com/products/2015-2020-ford-f-series-truck-custom-tweeter-adapters-pair (51mm) which looks like it would fit the diameter of the GB15. Doesn’t help if they’re too deep. Nick any recommendations on a tweeter to match my GB60’s that would work in oem location?

Maybe a better is what make/model tweeters do people use? And I can cross reference their mounting depth.
Yeah, no shot. The gb15 is too big.. gb10 or gb10oe should work though.. But if doing 2 way, I highly suggest custom sail panel locations. 3 way, pillar is fine. dfb9d0ae06f8c1cd5c29bd1f2527d5c0.jpg

OP
OP
H

havinnoj

Reaction score
Yeah, no shot. The gb15 is too big.. gb10 or gb10oe should work though.. But if doing 2 way, I highly suggest custom sail panel locations. 3 way, pillar is fine. dfb9d0ae06f8c1cd5c29bd1f2527d5c0.jpg

Thanks Nick, that’s good to know. I’d like to keep everything in the pillars if I can, might make sense to do the 10’s and then go to a custom setup when I can incorporate 25’s as well.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i prefer to use matching speakers when doing upgrades. if you are sticking to the audiofrogs in the door, try to stick with them throughout the truck. i personally dont like mixing speakers. if a customer has jl audio speakers in front, i try to match with jl audio in the rear. if using focal, use them all the way around, etc. having the tonal qualities of the speakers match, sound better to me. nothing wrong with any speaker really, just want them to match. so if keeping the audio frogs, use the smaller one until you are ready to do the complete upgrade

OP
OP
H

havinnoj

Reaction score
i prefer to use matching speakers when doing upgrades. if you are sticking to the audiofrogs in the door, try to stick with them throughout the truck. i personally dont like mixing speakers. if a customer has jl audio speakers in front, i try to match with jl audio in the rear. if using focal, use them all the way around, etc. having the tonal qualities of the speakers match, sound better to me. nothing wrong with any speaker really, just want them to match. so if keeping the audio frogs, use the smaller one until you are ready to do the complete upgrade

Agreed. I’m still trying to get an idea of max mounting depth so if anyone wants to post up they have then that’d be a great help. Thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know the focal es165k2 tweeter fits. not sure on its depth, but its one of the higher end focal speakers we use on these trucks