Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Turbo kit for the 5.4L Raptor

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by The Tank, May 23, 2010.

1. Xjrguy

Xjrguy FRF Addict

this will be a funny quote if these turbo guys ever become vendors here.

2. The Tank

The Tank FRF Addict

It would be funny and there ummm custormer service has done nothing to change my mind on doing an NA setup on my truck.

3. The Tank

The Tank FRF Addict

Finally got an email back from them the kit is complete comes with everything including fuel and tuning parts. They say that their does not effect Off-road mode or hill descent control. I'm waiting on pricing but just for an idea Hellion sells their 99-04 Lightning TT kit for $6,495

4. Bedouin

Bedouin Member

Luckily i got a reply, but this thing is so overpriced, i'de rather spend the same amount on, custom front bumper + Long tube headers + supercharger + Deaver leaf's + a night at a hotel with my hot raptor... $11,495 :mad::mad::mad:

5. The Tank

The Tank FRF Addict

Yeah but that price is for them to install it. The bolt-on kit will be cheaper hopefully around what Hellion sells there Lightning kit for.

6. Bedouin

Bedouin Member

Tank, actually that was a quote for it to be shipped to Dubai. Ive shipped a Long Travel kit for a friends Tundra, shipping alone was $ 1,000, so im still aint gonna buy a turbo kit for 10,500$ dollars :p .. IMO, the Edelbrock S/C is a much better offer, a pair of cams, and Long tubes, more horsepower, better driveability, and Warranty for you guys in the States...

7. boxcartommie22

boxcartommie22 Member

how much hp can our 5.4 3v take?

8. Xjrguy

Xjrguy FRF Addict

I think you should experiment and get back to us on the limits of the motor. :)

9. vegasfergie

vegasfergie Full Access Member

Hell yes that's overpriced! I understand there's a lot more to a turbo kit than a blower. Lots of extra plumbing and all, but hp gain vs dollar spent, it doesn't make sense. $6K for the e force blower makes way more sense to me. But if someone wants that cool turbo whooooooshing sound and has the coin, go for it.