Turbo housing adapters?+21HP and +17TQ increase at the rear wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use these things? Serious gains for a bolt on. I have no affiliation with this company or product.

A 100% stock 2017 F150 Raptor made +24HP and +43lbs of TQ at the rear wheels.

SPD's high flow turbo exhaust adapters replace the factory adapters on 2011-2020 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost motor. These larger advanced adapters will maximize flow, greatly reduce exhaust back pressure and help to lower Exhaust Gas Temperatures. We have seen reductions of 100-200 degrees at 65mph at the cats. The SPD adapters has an outlet of 2.3125" ID compared to the stock outlet which is 2.0625" ID. Another benefit of the SPD Adapters is reduction in turbo lag. Customers have noticed that the turbo spool much quicker.

100% stock 2016 F150 3.5L Ecoboost with just SPD's adapters installed had an +21HP and +17TQ increase at the rear wheels! See dyno.
A 100% stock 2017 F150 Raptor made +24HP and +43lbs of TQ at the rear wheels.

This is SPD's high performance turbo exhaust adapter kit for F-150 3.5L Ecoboost between 2011 thru 2020. It will also fit 2017-2020 F-150 Raptor HO 3.5L Ecoboost and 2015-2020 Ford Expeditions / Lincoln Navigators with the 3.5L Ecoboost.
This adapter is made in USA from high quality forged steel. This adapter will directly bolt onto factory turbos or any other"drop in" style aftermarket turbos that will accept stock adapters. These will accept any factory or aftermarket down pipes.
SPD Turbo adapters also fit the following vehicles.
2011-2020 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
2015-2020 Ford Expedition
2015-2020 Lincoln Navigator
We recommend that you purchase the SPD ADPT35IK adapter install kit and 16023 stud extractor. The SPD install kit includes all new Ford factory hardware. 4 studs, 2 gaskets and 4 nuts.
roversync

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your truck has any miles on it good luck with install and getting old studs removed . Only way i would install these if turbos were out on work bench and being replaced or upgraded. Otherwise not worth the hassle to install my opinion.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
they actually make a pretty noticeable difference. I can't tell you exact numbers because I don't do dyno things.

Absolutely, without a doubt, get the stud removal tool and get a complete hardware kit.

Spray the turbo studs down with PB blaster or something the night before you're going to install them.

Go slow and don't twist the ratchet. certainly do not use power tools.

I had them on my truck, along with the mild steel SPD downpipes, for almost 2 years. I put them in after cracking a turbo housing and sheering the studs off a turbo with Cobb's downpipes.

I recently just removed them because I switched to SPD's new stainless downpipes, which have the adapters built into them. Otherwise, I would have left them on the truck.

SPD has been a really great company to work with. The new stainless pipes incorporate real-world feedback that I gave SPD after running their products for a few months.

The stainless pipes, which incorporate the adapters into them are stronger than the factory Ford option, and the mild steel pipes from SPD. They tuck up higher than both as well ( I needed this as my skids are tucked higher than stock)

SPD listens to its customers and is focused on customer service/experience. you'll be happy that you chose to do business with them.

OP
OP
JefferyGT

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It totally makes sense. Here is a pic of the difference from stock opening.

Legit.

Screenshot_20210221-122053.png